PDA

View Full Version : Irvine Bass - 1/Us - 0 (3/27)

boomstikit
03-28-2009, 08:40 AM
After last Saturday’s craziness, I decided to try for some bass on a Friday. Those fish have a severe case of lockjaw. We arrived at the lake at 6:30, no lines! We got the rental boat and headed out to Sierra Cove. It was really foggy so I started thinking topwater action! We anchored at the back of the cove and threw Rico's for about a half hour. All for nothing, and I am talking nothing. So we started fishing plastics near all the submerged trees and brush. Nothing again, not even a bite. As panic begins to set in, we decided to move out a little deeper as the sun came out. We anchored near the island at the mouth of the cove and started fishing Carolina rigged Brush Hogs. Again nothing. I even busted out my Tru-Life shad swimbait, nothing. By this time it was 9:30 and the sun was out in full force. So again we moved looking for water that was stained (visibility was 4-5 feet). We were going to try and fish Rocky Point but there was two boats anchored off the point (dang trout fisherman! LOL). With the wind starting to pick up, we moved to the Cliffs. We started at the back of the Cliffs and fished are way forward towards the main part of the lake. I was throwing a Pointer and my buddy was using a spinnerbait. Nothing. At about 11:30, we threw up the white flag and called it a day. Last Saturday we fished, and despite the 5000 boats on the lake, we got about 10 fish. Yesterday we got a couple of tree branches. There was probably 5-6 bass boats on the lake, did not see any of them catch a fish either. I guess this high pressure system/spawn just things down.

fishboy93
03-28-2009, 08:51 AM
man that sucks bro. my dad went today and told me he got one on the chatter bait. its top water. im going to lake perris tmrw. well at least u were able to get on the water. maybe next time will be alot better. FB out.

Mondo21
03-28-2009, 09:42 AM
I feel your pain... I was also out there and didn't catch a thing. I got one nibble all day. my son caught one fish. We were there on Trout Island from 6:15am set-up until 3:15pm. Next time we will slay fish! Good Luck! Cindy:Smile:

MAVERICK27
03-28-2009, 10:41 AM
Thanks for the post. It is just important to read about slow fishing days as it is good ones. It helps people decide where to fish this weekend, so I thank you! You'll get em next time!!!

bassassassin
03-28-2009, 06:56 PM
man that sux, me and my buddy went there today and got thirteen overall on spinnerbaits and dropshot rigs i also had one blow up on my buzz bait early this morning. heres some pics of the bigger ones
http://c2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/108/l_c51752b6c3e8482aabda7d0f7cc16475.jpg

bassassassin
03-28-2009, 06:57 PM
sorry heres the actual picture
http://c4.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/92/l_8addb41db14747af9c41d2c7562f1c03.jpg

Frenchy
03-29-2009, 03:17 PM
fishing was tough most of the day got there around 7 waited for the buddy w the boat and gotr on the water around 8 hit points and submerged brush for 6 fish all together and since the fish werent ready to play we went too fool around on the humps in the flats we got there horrible dift had the trolling motor on 4 to even somewat stay still so ya we start carolina riggin and texas eiggin thn it was on we ended up w 27 bass all together for three of us and thn we went to paly for crappie got ten let all go cuz they were big females

fish were caught on drop shot robo worms arrons magic and mornin dawn

carolina rigged and texas rigged fis came on baby brush hogs in pumpkin and watwerrmelon