PDA

View Full Version : Getting close!! 30 days and counting!!

PUDD MASTER BAITER
03-28-2009, 08:17 AM
Getting ready for my yearly trip to clovis.to stay with my sons family. Im hopeing the water level is good ,at pineflat,eastman,or millerton . Last year it was dissapointing, at eastman where the fish average over 2lbs, we had to walk, what seemed to be forever ,to get to the water. Were diffently going to pine flats, at trimmer ,and deer creek this year,from shore again for the spotties,there not big, but a blast on lighter spinning tackle,and my 3wt fly rod.. Were thinking of going to millerton lake ,but have never fished it. Its a lot closer than going, all the way to eastman. If any one has any tips, for millerton ,it would be appriciated.we might hit up the kings river below pine flat dam .ive got to try my fly rods in a river. Again any info on what flys work up there ,would be greatly apprciated.last time i stopped at doyles bait store , the lady, who i didnt think was to friendly said ,she didnt know any thing about fly fishing the river. I cant wait to fish your waters again and will sometime retire up there.(gods country) peace out to all ,and god bless... Mike the pmb.......

PUDD MASTER BAITER
04-16-2009, 07:55 AM
With less than 2 weeks till i visit your beautiful country.im wondering with over 70 views. Theres not one fly fisherman ,to help out a fellow ,avid fly fisherman ,with a simple question .what type flys to toss below pine flat dam. It looks like the whole kings river run,below the dam, would hold a lot, of nice trout. With nice scenery.. Im not looking to lurk your spots ,or keep anything. Just some help with, fly patterns ,and technics.the only guy who helped me was kona ,who doesnt seem to be around this time around. Either way im going to fish the river ,and i will catch some.god bless and peace out

smokinflies
04-16-2009, 11:30 AM
hey pudd, have you tried contacting another local tackle shop in that area?

good luck out there.

PUDD MASTER BAITER
05-01-2009, 06:58 AM
24 hrs and counting.change of plans will be to fish eastman lake sun. Play golf at riverbend monday, and stop on the way home, from golf to flyfish the san jouqin river ,on our way back to clovis below millerton. Come on guys give a fly fisherman some info on what flys to toss. Will my 3wt be to small or use my 5wt.tues will be pineflat lake for some spotties.my son hooked us up with a bass boat. Peaceout ...mike the pmb.....

joebass
05-01-2009, 08:46 AM
24 hrs and counting.change of plans will be to fish eastman lake sun. Play golf at riverbend monday, and stop on the way home, from golf to flyfish the san jouqin river ,on our way back to clovis below millerton. Come on guys give a fly fisherman some info on what flys to toss. Will my 3wt be to small or use my 5wt.tues will be pineflat lake for some spotties.my son hooked us up with a bass boat. Peaceout ...mike the pmb.....

what does your son use? i would hit up a local tackel shop up there or ask a fellow fisherman up there. good luck and injoy life