PDA

View Full Version : Another little pig!!!

PUDD MASTER BAITER
03-28-2009, 07:25 AM
Work is extreamly slow.i dedcided to hit up the pudd. First stop, i see the biggest bass ive ever seen ,getting ready to spawn. She was a giant.of course im not going to give up her location. I hope none of the poachers see her. She would be easy prey for those snagging idiots,that seem to come out of the wood work ,this time of the year.i work the area with plastics ,for no love.i decide its time to go the the money setup. I get my 8ft spinning med. Lite set up rigged with my smaller ocean floatwith an 8ft. 6lb leader ,and throw a lively big night crawler, and let it drift with the wind. While im talking to another fisherman, he says hey your float stopped moving. I look ,and the float is either snagged, or a fish is sitting on it. Not wanting a gut hook, i proceed reeling in the slack .about then my float takes a b-line ,toward a pieling ,i set the hook .it was a big one, and gave all my light spinning rod would handle using 6lb leader .i finally was able to pull her to shore,and with the help of the other angler, who was throwing in that same spot ,for a while. She was a solid 5lb 8oz.my second over 5lb. In a week. After gently releasing ,the little pigglet i get no more action ,and proceded to head home a happy angler.the guy who was there, said he had never seen someone use a rig like that ,and we then talked, how i use the same rig for, ghost shrimp at the bays for all spieces ,and also a jig head with a trix minnow for the halibut. He was also a salt water freak from shore. .i think the pudd has some bs going on this weekend ,and is closed to fisherman.. So its off the the bay for some halis ,and bass ,who should be in a full spawn mode soon.god bless ,and peace out ...mike the pmb...

PUDD MASTER BAITER
03-28-2009, 08:52 AM
A heads up. I just called the pudd hole .the lake is open to every thing, but boating, kayaks,or float tubes. There having boat races, so forget the east shore its going to be a circus. If any one wants to do a shore salt run tommoor early give me a jingle.

tacklejunkie
03-28-2009, 08:55 AM
Nice going out there Mike.
Keep on the toads dude :Thumbs Up:

basscatcher
03-28-2009, 10:37 AM
good job mike it was nic meeting you the other day way to go on the fish:Thumbs Up:

God Bless

basscatcher

a biley
03-28-2009, 11:27 AM
dude my buddies are out there without me! since I had to work. I didn't get to go yesterday either... bummer