PDA

View Full Version : Coachella Canal Fishing Trips

RamboBoy
03-27-2009, 09:03 PM
I finally worked on my cell phone to transfer to the PC computer, so I am able to report it. Some pictures work well and other not.

Today, I went to fishing a trip to Nalin/Mecca area at Coachella Canal for striper and catfish. I fished at the siphon. I was using the chicken liver and it was bendo. I caught one monster catfish and released it, because I don't have a cooler box. Then I caught another monster catfish, but it was broken line. I have had a long fighting catfish for about 15 minutes with my 8lb test line. My cell phone was blurring it was not shown well when I took pix of catfish after I released it into water. Damn I need my regular camera then my cell phone.

Then I went to another gate in Indio area. I set a Bait-N-Wait and casting my LTrap Rattle Shad. I saw something and said what is it deadly fish. I walked up across the street and saw a deadly fish head and tail. Someone cut fish head and tail, put the tail on the metal pole, and left head on the ground. So I took pictures.

I fished at Nilan/Mecca and Indio areas, but no stripers LOVE, man!

Does anyone know what is that kind of fish? Desert Cat, do you know what is kind of fish?

bigbaitlobina
03-27-2009, 10:14 PM
Thats a yellowfin tuna... Some one must have gotten back from a trip and dumped the head and tail for the coyotes...

Catrack77
03-28-2009, 07:16 AM
[QUOTE=bigbaitlobina;325436]Thats a yello

RamboBoy
03-28-2009, 10:58 AM
Thats a yellowfin tuna... Some one must have gotten back from a trip and dumped the head and tail for the coyotes...

Maybe, lol

RamboBoy
03-28-2009, 10:58 AM
Or they cut him up for catfish bait. "Me I would eat the Tuna"

Take care
Desert Cat

Oh I see they are using a bait for a monster catfish

H20Rusty
03-28-2009, 08:55 PM
Somebody has a pretty good sense of humor! Definatley saltwater... tuna, or maybe a giant mackrel or large bonita. Doesn't matter, great for a laugh.

G420
04-03-2009, 06:03 PM
if they were using the tuna for bait so they can catch catfish is STUPID!!!!! hmmm so they used something like 10 dollars a lb fish to catch a 3 dollar per lb fish............:ROFL:

FishBalls
04-08-2009, 12:03 AM
Nice Picture - you should have tried using some of it for bait - j/k

bluehunter
04-10-2009, 06:55 AM
Or they cut him up for catfish bait. "Me I would eat the Tuna"

Take care
Desert Cat

Agree, unless it was skipjack tuna, it would be on the grill for me. I never used their heads though I believe they are way too big. lol.