PDA

View Full Version : My Sharona, My Corona

Santa Fe Eric
03-27-2009, 08:16 PM
Hello FNN,

Today, I had a little time to kill so I hit up Corona from opening til about 1:00 before I had to do things with the wifey. I used a pass that was given to me by a dear friend. I went to my favorite spot by the tree. I get to Corona about two times a year, and I like fishing this spot. The morning bite was open for me. Had I been able to get the fish in, I might have gotten a limit. However, these Tailwakers kept jumping and spitting the hook or breaking the line. I tried them in October at SARL and even in March they are still Gangsta! I was really perplexed on how to get these fish in. Once again, I had fought 3 fish before 9AM and they all showed color and then spit the hook or broke the line.
My wife let's me know that I might want to think about heading back home for our appointment. So I decide to spen 30 minutes practicing the dropshot. I have been to dropshot school from Mr. Bendo and 1fish2fishredfish and I still hadn't gotten a Trout on the drop shot. Today, I'm going through the motions and then it felt like my Charteuse worm hit a wall, then drag started peeling. Thank God, I didn't have to wear MR. Stripey. Even though it was just one fish, I really felt happy that I succeeded in drop shotting for Trout today.
Here's a little Knack for ya!

Oh my Tail-walking one, oh line breaking one
When you gonna stop breaking line, Corona
Oo you make my drag run, my drag run
Gun it coming off the reel, Corona
Never gonna stop, give it up, such an awesome grind
Tail-walkers always get it up with a touch of Nitro Lime,
My-ee ey-ee by-ee ahee ah woo!
Ma ma ma my Corona
Even though SARL’s a little closer, over here
Close enough to fish day and night, Corona
Where is Lil Mystery, hopefully fishing thee
Today the Tailwakler broke my 3# line, 3 times, Corona
Ma ma ma my Corona
Ma ma ma my Corona
Don’t you ever move my tree, move my tree,
The one with all the broken, hanging line
Is it a destiny, a destiny
Or did you just stock last night, Corona
Ma ma ma my Corona
Ma ma ma my Corona
Oooh my Corona

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk176/Santafeeric/IMG_0972.jpg

CASTAWAY
03-27-2009, 09:28 PM
Big E, don't mess with those TW. When you have one on your line smack em' one time. Twice a year isn't that bad. I'm hittin' Corona next month, with some friends. Hopefully I get a TW on my line, I'll smack em' for you...lol..
Nice try though. One Trout on the drop shot is pretty good. Maybe more fish for you next time BIG HOMIE!:Smile:

Mr Bendo
03-27-2009, 09:32 PM
Keep practicing Eric!! I landed my biggest Sarl trout on the dropshot recently! We need to go fishing again buddy!

basscatcher
03-27-2009, 10:51 PM
way to go :Thumbs Up:

God Bless

basscatcher

gotstofish
03-27-2009, 11:39 PM
Glad to see you got the skunk off at least. The boy and I are going to hit the Vine real soon.Keep you guys posted.

sansou
03-27-2009, 11:57 PM
Nice job on the dropshot Big E !!

Tail-walkers always get it up with a touch of Nitro Lime

You always crack me up. Hopefully we can wet a line when you get to SD!

yamafish
03-28-2009, 07:20 AM
Nice report E
Wana hit up Jess soon?

Rodger - YamaFish

BingJr
03-28-2009, 10:08 AM
Way to rock SFE.

It is very satisfying to land fish on new techniques.

Trout Nine
03-28-2009, 11:54 AM
WTG on the dropshot E!

troutdog
04-01-2009, 04:31 AM
Thanks for the report E, glad to see the skunk was no match for you on this day! See you on the water....

TD

Mondo21
04-02-2009, 09:21 PM
Thanks for the pic and report Eric. I guess that's the only way I get to see you is on a photo. I haven't seen you at the Vine. Hitts haven't mention seeing you lately. I'll be at the Vine on Saturday w/ Yamafish and Ladyfish. Hope to see you at the Tourney. Cindy:Smile:

Fisherman57
04-08-2009, 10:01 AM
You ARE the man Eric!
Another good report, I always enjoy reading them my friend!

Looking forward to seeing you and your Dad at the TEAM 57 event in June at Parcher's!

Dana

Lightline
04-08-2009, 12:32 PM
thanks for the report. is the water level back up yet? Or is the sunken tree still unsunk?