PDA

View Full Version : Fairmount 3/27

BassLady
03-27-2009, 06:11 PM
went to fairmount today and got there bout 2pm. I actually hooked 2 bass today! Im so excited!!! They didnt make it to shore but ive been fishing there for about a month now with not even so much as a bite.

I was texas rigging a watermelon green pumpkin robo and dragging it right along the edge of the shore, under the lip of the cement in the little cove with the tiny boat launch by the red building. Only like a foot from the waters edge. My first one I hooked was about a pound and a half and i fought but i went to flip it on the shore and it threw the hook :( I wish now i that i just grabbed it, but the ledge was a little high where i was standing.

The second one was out on the corner of the cove where it starts to curve towards the gazebo and all the palm trees are. I hooked it and the fight was on I got it close and it dove sideways and then next thing you know my line snaps :( I pretty sure it was due to the fact that i was dragging along that cement ridge and i was using fluoro and just fraying my line. But thats what i get for not checking my line after that first hook up.

Either way Im totally jazzed and im hoping I might be able to make it out there again tomorrow. Weathers been real nice, sunny with a breeze water pretty green but still a little murkey, not as clear as a few days ago. Im tellin ya fellas im gonna crack that lake and when i do im gonna share all my "secrets". Thanks to everyone who gave me advice! And to Joebass for pointing me in the right direction. If ya got any questions feel free to hit me up :) Until then happy fishing guys

joebass
03-27-2009, 06:27 PM
went to fairmount today and got there bout 2pm. I actually hooked 2 bass today! Im so excited!!! They didnt make it to shore but ive been fishing there for about a month now with not even so much as a bite.

I was texas rigging a watermelon green pumpkin robo and dragging it right along the edge of the shore, under the lip of the cement in the little cove with the tiny boat launch by the red building. Only like a foot from the waters edge. My first one i hooked was about a pound and a half and i fought but i went to flip it on the shore and it threw the hook :( i wish now i that i just grabbed it, but the ledge was a little high where i was standing.

The second one was out on the corner of the cove where it starts to curve towards the gazebo and all the palm trees are. I hooked it and the fight was on i got it close and it dove sideways and then next thing you know my line snaps :( i pretty sure it was due to the fact that i was dragging along that cement ridge and i was using fluoro and just fraying my line. But thats what i get for not checking my line after that first hook up.

Either way im totally jazzed and im hoping i might be able to make it out there again tomorrow. Weathers been real nice, sunny with a breeze water pretty green but still a little murkey, not as clear as a few days ago. Im tellin ya fellas im gonna crack that lake and when i do im gonna share all my "secrets". Thanks to everyone who gave me advice! And to joebass for pointing me in the right direction. If ya got any questions feel free to hit me up :) until then happy fishing guys great job girl.i knew you would get one after watching you fish the other day.you are dedicated.your on your way to bigger bass.way to go!!!!!! :)

castle
03-27-2009, 07:29 PM
Dont give people a discription in thefuture of where you hooked the fish, too many poachers looking at this site. Just say Faiormont Lake and just let them guess from there, Youll catch on!

BassLady
03-27-2009, 07:48 PM
well ill take that into consideration. I have no problem telling people where excatly i caught fish but maybe next time ill leave it up to them to PM me instead. But honestly I think its extremely silly when people post photos of their big bass and have the background horribly photoshopped. Seriously its not like were fishing tourneys here and there is money on the line. If you choose to do that, thats fine but I still think its silly. I didnt get to where I am with my fishing by everyone keeping secrets.

Now if someone shares with me their secret, id gladly protect it. Otherwise im and open book and have no problem telling people where i catch fish. If you feel that you need to keep people from fishing or poaching where you fish, youre not that skilled of an angler. Hate to sound rude and harsh but im not trying to be. Im only looking to become better at what I do and that means being challenged. Ill leave specifics out next time but anyone is welcome to PM me and ill galdly tell you :)

castle
03-28-2009, 05:45 AM
Ok. I let you all in a a good spot, over at the bridge where it cross the two lakes, there is a small pocket in the corner on the small lake there and the trout tend to be in that hole sometimes. Soak green powerbait and wait is the trick there.The trout stock may be over now due to the warming weather though.

fishmounter
03-28-2009, 08:51 PM
Hey BassLady....After Easter weekend I'll be fishing Fairmont a little more regularly that I have been, because it's so close to me. I'll gladly show you how to possibly catch a bass. (I have caught a bass or two there..Ha ha!)

fishmounter
03-28-2009, 09:38 PM
Oh yeah, BassLady I sent you a PM.....