PDA

View Full Version : Finally a duct fish, 3/27/09, Palmdale

fishinone
03-27-2009, 10:48 AM
I finally broke my duct skunk for this year. I've fished the duct at least 10 times. I've had many hits and follows and had one big fish turn on my lure 4 times before sinking out slowly. I got to touch one fish that was about 8 lb before it spit the hook and swam calmly away.

This morning, I hooked up on a fish that came so politely 3/4 of the way across the duct that I had declared it dink before it started taking drag. After a couple nice runs, I knew that I had guessed wrong.

I was talking to a guy who's name I've forgotten, when I hooked it and he netted it for me. I estimated 11 lb. and Donnie came along and said closer to 13 lb. Brian showed up with a spring scale and we weighed it 12 1/4 lb. It measured 32".

The really cool part is that I broke my duct skunk! Finally!!

kpn
03-27-2009, 11:32 AM
Congrats on the first Duct fish Ron :Thumbs Up:. I get to go to the Duct soon :ROFL:.
I'm overdue for a DD :ROFL:.

KPN.

GdHkSet1
03-27-2009, 11:43 AM
Nicely Done, way to break the skunk....

thepuma
03-27-2009, 12:31 PM
Great Job. First striper of the year... So nice!!! I have only one for this year so far and that one had been awhile back so I am due myself.
Congrats on landing that PIG!!! I bet it felt good!

gletemfeelsteelgary
03-27-2009, 01:36 PM
Very nice......very nice indeed..

Congrats on your 1st duct fish.....saweet...and your 1st stripe this year...

Salute....nice work... very nice !

sweet fish !

fishinone
03-27-2009, 01:50 PM
Thanks guys, for the kind words.

I have caught striper this year though, just not from the duct. Well, they weren't 12 lb either. I was beginning to wonder what was going on at the duct.

I'm totally jazzed, I'm so happy today, that I complain with a smile on my face.:Smile::Wink:

fishinone
03-27-2009, 01:54 PM
Congrats on the first Duct fish Ron :Thumbs Up:. I get to go to the Duct soon :ROFL:.
I'm overdue for a DD :ROFL:.

KPN.

Kahn,

I know you'll get your DD. The duct has plenty of them.

The eggs are really dark now, this next full moon should be interesting.

yolo
03-27-2009, 03:05 PM
Way to go. I broke my skunk today too but I went to Bako. I got sick of skunking here in Palmdale. I probably should have stayed and caught a real striper not like the Bako 19" :Smile:

GeordyBass
03-27-2009, 03:06 PM
FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!lol

Nice job brotha!that fish was long overdue!Theres many more coming your way,,,

but,dont kill fish from the duct,,,Theyre all gonna die off!Oh No!:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

Tr1p0d
03-27-2009, 06:07 PM
Good for you!! Congratz on the nice Striper...

RamboBoy
03-27-2009, 06:18 PM
Good job with your hard work and pay off! Congratulation your first striper this year. Saweet striper! :Smile:

Sparky70
03-27-2009, 06:19 PM
Looks like a winner to me.......:Crying::Crying:

RamboBoy
03-27-2009, 06:19 PM
Way to go. I broke my skunk today too but I went to Bako. I got sick of skunking here in Palmdale. I probably should have stayed and caught a real striper not like the Bako 19" :Smile:

LOL, yeah you should stay in Palmdale and get a bigger then the Bako 19" striper

imd12nv
03-27-2009, 07:12 PM
Good job on your first duct striper and a good one at that.

fishinone
03-27-2009, 07:17 PM
LOL, yeah you should stay in Palmdale and get a bigger then the Bako 19" striper

Don't complain about the one you got, it beats the skunk. There were guys right there with me this morning casting to the same spot and they got skunked.

I've been eating skunk long enough that any fish is better than none.

I've seen your posts you'll get a big one. 12 lb isn't that big in Palmdale, I've seen bigger ones recently.

TroutOnly
03-27-2009, 08:45 PM
WAY TO GO RON,,,NOW STAY OUT OF MY BACKYARD,,,LOL,,,REALLY CONGRATS ,,,t/o

fishinone
03-30-2009, 10:11 AM
WAY TO GO RON,,,NOW STAY OUT OF MY BACKYARD,,,LOL,,,REALLY CONGRATS ,,,t/o

Thanks T/O,

Boy I'm beginning to feel really bad.:Crying: I fish all of your main lake points at Castaic, your spot at the island in Pyramid and now I caught a fish out of your backyard in Palmdale.

Actually this is working out pretty good for me. Do you have any other spots that I should know about?

How much do you want for your old GPS:Secret:

KID-FISH
03-30-2009, 11:04 AM
Don't complain about the one you got, it beats the skunk. There were guys right there with me this morning casting to the same spot and they got skunked.

I've been eating skunk long enough that any fish is better than none.

I've seen your posts you'll get a big one. 12 lb isn't that big in Palmdale, I've seen bigger ones recently.

Ahh, relief, feels good to get the striper skunk off your back! Good job on landing the 12 pounder, persistence is the key.
I have yet to land one over a pound and it's been almost 2 years! I don't get the chance to fish as much as before, but hopefully this is the year.

Nice fish.

KF

fishinone
03-30-2009, 12:55 PM
Ahh, relief, feels good to get the striper skunk off your back! Good job on landing the 12 pounder, persistence is the key.
I have yet to land one over a pound and it's been almost 2 years! I don't get the chance to fish as much as before, but hopefully this is the year.

Nice fish.

KF

Persistence pays off, keep trying you'll get them.

I switched to 20 lb line and quit throwing lures that I can't chuck across the duct into the wind.