PDA

View Full Version : Sarl 3/22

MAN VS WILD
03-27-2009, 12:36 AM
Saw the pics of the big trouts being caught on their website and went out despite the cold, windy and rainy forecast to try to catch one of these big boys. FishWhisperer and I got there at 6 am and there wasn't much of a crowd. Got to the spot and dropped the lines in. The fish were jumping all around us but showing no love. The guys to the right of us were on fire. It was cold and rainy so everyone was up under their easy-ups or in the cars. It was funny to see the guys to the right everytime they got a hit they would run down the hill so fast to set their hooks that they would almost slide right into the lake. It was slow for us in the am. Then the rain really started to come down. Mark went to get a poncho at the tackle shop when his pole goes bendo. I pulled in this stocker trout for him. He got one more before noon. Zero for me at this time. Rain went away, the clouds parted and the sun was shining. Then the bite picked up for us. I ended up with 2 and farmed 2. Mark eneded up with a limit and farmed 3. It ended up being a nice day after all the hard blowing wind and rain. The bite was on and poping but it was closing time and had to go. It always works that way. Didn't see any big ones caught today but saw a couple of 4 lbers caught.
Got pics but I'm stuck on dial-up right now and it's taking forever to download them. As soon as they download to photobucket I'll post them.

FISH ON!!!

CASTAWAY
03-27-2009, 06:04 AM
Nice report. Maybe you'll get the big one next time.

fishndrinknsmokin
03-27-2009, 06:10 AM
Nice report MvW and will look forward to your pics. Hearing your story makes me wish that I would have headed out instead of hiding on the couch! Tight lines bro!

FDS

Trout Nine
03-28-2009, 12:06 PM
Nice going MVW! I will be out there sometime this week
if you want to get back out there let me know.

yamafish
03-28-2009, 07:37 PM
Tony,
Nice report !

yamafish

MAN VS WILD
03-29-2009, 01:45 AM
Nice going MVW! I will be out there sometime this week
if you want to get back out there let me know.

That would be cool cause I know my pops wants to check it out this week. Let me know what day so I can try to get it off.

troutdog
03-30-2009, 08:58 AM
Way to keep plugging away at the bows Tony, hope your DD is right around corner buddy!

TD