PDA

View Full Version : Santa Fe Dam

Darius
03-26-2009, 10:22 PM
Went there today, the lake was full of trout, but they were shrinking due to people keeping them all. All in all, i finally caught my first fish for the year! Also i catch and release, i hear that sometimes if i catch a trout i should keep it because "they die anyways?" I could imagine that if you bring the fish on asphalt and step on it to rip off the hook? what if i pick up the fish on my palms and remove the hook and let it go? Will it survive?

PureAle
03-26-2009, 10:31 PM
the trout aren't the only species shrinking at that lake, ive seen many people take 3-4 # bass out of that lake last week. So much for the bass fishing at santa fe dam now.>:/

exfactor
03-26-2009, 10:39 PM
better yet, don't take it out of the water. also, if hook is too deep, cut your line, and the hook will either go through their digestion, or rust away. Less touch, more better

Darius
03-27-2009, 07:21 AM
next time i'll keep that in mind.

crappie stalker
03-27-2009, 07:30 AM
Catch and release is a great thing for bass and trout in their natural habitat. Santa Fe is not gonna hold over trout so you might as well take them.. They are not gonna breed there or last past the summer. So you might as well take them home or they will become catfish nd bass food when they start to die off..

CS

thepuma
03-27-2009, 08:04 AM
Nice Report... Thanks for sharing. Keep em coming...