PDA

View Full Version : Ventura Harbor

trashetanush
03-26-2009, 09:59 PM
Do I need a fishing license for this place? I fish off those rocks in that big dry open space on the right of the harbor.
http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&tab=wl

Nessie Hunter
03-27-2009, 08:37 AM

And you dont even have a LIC??????

Shame on you!!!!!!!!!

Harbor entrance jetties (where NOT posted "No Fishing") and 'public' ocean facing piers are about he only spots you Do Not need a lic WITH Ocean enhancement Stamp.......

Geeze dude, get a lic.......................

trashetanush
03-27-2009, 12:21 PM

And you dont even have a LIC??????

Shame on you!!!!!!!!!

Harbor entrance jetties (where NOT posted "No Fishing") and 'public' ocean facing piers are about he only spots you Do Not need a lic WITH Ocean enhancement Stamp.......

Geeze dude, get a lic.......................

I fish at saltwater like 1 or 2 times a year. I usually only fish at fresh water and yes i got my license for that. "Shame on you!!!!!!!!!". just wow.

Wingnut
03-27-2009, 01:50 PM
I fish at saltwater like 1 or 2 times a year. I usually only fish at fresh water and yes i got my license for that. "Shame on you!!!!!!!!!". just wow.

If you "already" have a fishing license, why do you want to know if you need a license to fish there or not? Maybe you meant if you need a Ocean Enhancement stamp, right?
Get one, it's only like $10.00 and worth it even if you only go once or twice a year. :Wink:

trashetanush
03-27-2009, 01:58 PM
If you "already" have a fishing license, why do you want to know if you need a license to fish there or not? Maybe you meant if you need a Ocean Enhancement stamp, right?
Get one, it's only like $10.00 and worth it even if you only go once or twice a year. :Wink:

I only got a fresh water license. I payed 40 something for like one year. They told me that i gotta pay like 20 dollars to fish at saltwater for one day. I also dont know what you mean with the ocean Enhancement stamp.

Wingnut
03-27-2009, 02:10 PM
I only got a fresh water license. I payed 40 something for like one year. They told me that i gotta pay like 20 dollars to fish at saltwater for one day. I also dont know what you mean with the ocean Enhancement stamp.

Go to Turners, Sport Chalet, Big 5, or wherever... buy a Ocean Enhancement stamp for $10.00 and stick it on the back of your license (like a second rod stamp). This allows you to fish anywhere you want in the salt. Is your peace of mind worth ten bucks...? I think so...

Oh by the way, go grab yourself one of those 2009 DFG Rules & Regulations booklets.

trashetanush
03-27-2009, 02:11 PM
Go to Turners, Sport Chalet, Big 5, or wherever... buy a Ocean Enhancement stamp for $10.00 and stick it on the back of your license (like a second rod stamp). This allows you to fish anywhere you want in the salt. Is your peace of mind worth ten bucks...? I think so...

Oh alright, I will go and do that. Thx.

NoHo ART
03-27-2009, 10:01 PM
it is a green sticker you stick it on the back of you freshwater license and its only $4.75