PDA

View Full Version : I Got The Hotspot Fins & Pic Of Fat Cat

Ghost
06-15-2007, 09:25 PM
Nessie, I got the Hotspot fins later today. There has been a big fire close to home that UPS was having trouble delivering, so I got them late, but I have them now. These are sweet fins, I wish I had them on my first float tube fishing trip this morning.

Anyways, we had a late start, like an hour & a half late start. I guess my buddy thought he was on Filipino time..... :lol: I was so excited to try out the Fat Cat that I forgot to stretch out. We were in the middle of the lake & I get a leg cramp. It took a long time to work that sucker out. I had a great time, didn't catch any fish, had a couple hits though. It was just so peaceful out there, just fishing & taking it easy.

The real big complaint were the fins I was using. You can see them in the pic in front of the Fat Cat. Cheap hard float tube fins like the ones you find on ebay for $15. It made going from one part of the lake to another difficult. These things were stiff that it was hard to get momentum out of my legs. I think they also were another reason for the leg cramp. Yup, they are going to be returned to the store I work at!

I had only a couple hours to float fish & it went fast. But being out there in the open, places that a boat couldn't get at was very Zen like. I already talked to my buddy to float tube fish a couple times next week. I need to make my first catch!

Here's a pic of the Fat Cat decked out w/ 4 rod holders. My buddy was a bit jealous that I was much higher off the water than he was in his Trout Unlimited something float tube. Also I had bigger storage pockets than what he had. He was just saying that he wants to upgrade his float tube to what I have. I really like the yellow color, I can be seen from other boaters or jet skiers in the water. Being in BFE(Indiana), I had quite a few people asking what I was sitting in to fish. They have never seen a float tube for fishing before.

http://fishingnetwork.net/images/tmp2/floattubeouting061507.jpg

It is very different trying to cast in a float tube. It wasn't that hard but very different than being on shore or on a boat. I also have to get used to propel backwards, it's like I need one of those bicycle side mirrors to see where I'm going. But I do like that I can troll on my own power. That's a pretty good workout, & if you go for a few hours, you've had your cardiovascular workout for the week!

I was telling my buddy that crazy California tube fishermen use their tubes to fish in the ocean. Like where sharks, barracudas & seals can "snap" by to say "howdy". He didn't like that scenario at all!

Till next week, good fishing to you guys!

Nessie Hunter
06-16-2007, 08:38 AM
WAY TO GO.. ! ! ! ! ! :thumb: :thumb:

About dam time...! ! ! :D

Your gonna love the Hot Spots Gino. They are so sweet... :thumb:

That tube is decked out Uber nice man.. :shock:

Your going to start an Central States rush on Float Tubes.. :lol: :lol:

T_Rob
06-16-2007, 11:40 AM
Hey Ghost,

Killer rig! I've goto the same combo (Fish Cat & Hot Spots) and agree it's a primo set up! Add a portable finder and you'll be complete! I opted for a Fishin' Buddy in that department, but I've also seen some great riggings with a Cuda (can't remember the model #).

I'm really digging that rod holder you have? Did you put that one together? If so, do care to share the blueprint? I have a Berkley 4 rod holder I picked up from Sport Chalet that I was going to mount similarly after adding some elbow joints to get some angles to store the rods into, but I'm still not 100% into the rig. Yours looks a lot simpler and more effective...

Anyway, thanks for sharing and enjoy the ride!

Tony

p.s. Oh yeah, those cramps...get use to having to work a few of 'em out! But one thing that really helps is drinking a lot of water, so throw a few in the "trunk" of your Cat on the way out!

one_leg
06-18-2007, 07:06 AM
What is going to be your next purchase for your rig?

One_Leg