PDA

View Full Version : Downey Wilderness Park

richaaron
03-26-2009, 09:17 PM
Anyone have any info on Downey Wilderness Park. Going to a party there on Sunday and just wanted to know if I should bring the Bass gear or a frisbee... -Rich

a biley
03-26-2009, 09:29 PM
Anyone have any info on Downey Wilderness Park. Going to a party there on Sunday and just wanted to know if I should bring the Bass gear or a frisbee... -Rich

bring the frisbee

BassFreak
03-26-2009, 10:38 PM
Dont forget the 3-legged dog named Woo.. :ROFL:

smokinflies
03-27-2009, 03:28 AM

dude you can't fish with a frisbee.

come on dude. you're going to a place that has a fishible or fishable lake.

are you an angler?

any true angler would take his rod. you catch you catch, you don't you don't. at least you fished.

i wouldn't take my best gear there though. might want to take lighter tackle, like spinner with light line.

maybe some trout in there.

richaaron
03-27-2009, 06:51 AM
dude you can't fish with a frisbee.

come on dude. you're going to a place that has a fishible or fishable lake.

are you an angler?

any true angler would take his rod. you catch you catch, you don't you don't. at least you fished.

i wouldn't take my best gear there though. might want to take lighter tackle, like spinner with light line.

maybe some trout in there.

All I wanted was a bit of info. I asked a simple question. Should I bring my Bass gear? And you want to question whether or not I am an Angler??? How about this, you bring YOUR Bass gear and I'll bring MY Frisbee and we'll see who get's a limit first...Nah, just kidding. The Frisbee bite is alot better post-spawn.. :Smile: -Rich

jlgarciaiii22
03-27-2009, 09:01 AM
Anyone have any info on Downey Wilderness Park. Going to a party there on Sunday and just wanted to know if I should bring the Bass gear or a frisbee... -RichThat's my local pond..... NO BASS!!! I'm not lying trying to protect the "SECRET HOLE".... The stockers (trout & catfish) get wiped out within a few days of stocking. But I'm sure there is a few swimming around in there but chances are your gonna get skunked!

richaaron
03-27-2009, 04:20 PM
That's my local pond..... NO BASS!!! I'm not lying trying to protect the "SECRET HOLE".... The stockers (trout & catfish) get wiped out within a few days of stocking. But I'm sure there is a few swimming around in there but chances are your gonna get skunked!

Cool. Thanks for the info. I'll leave the rod's at home...

Lightning
03-27-2009, 05:35 PM
If you love your rod,you'll leave it at home.That water is nuclear...

richaaron
03-27-2009, 07:02 PM

That might just be what my rod needs...:Smile:

a biley
03-27-2009, 10:16 PM

amen!!! that water is DIIIRTY!!

smokinflies
03-28-2009, 11:43 AM
All I wanted was a bit of info. I asked a simple question. Should I bring my Bass gear? And you want to question whether or not I am an Angler??? How about this, you bring YOUR Bass gear and I'll bring MY Frisbee and we'll see who get's a limit first...Nah, just kidding. The Frisbee bite is alot better post-spawn.. :Smile: -Rich

sorry bro. i was just messing with you. i hope you didn't take it the wrong way. i'm not questioning your angling status. it was a rhetorical question. just like saying is the sky blue?

like garica said, no bass but maybe some left over stockers. having been there for a couple of months, but the laft time i was there the water was pretty bad.

there's no harm in in taking some equipment and trying it out, right?

dude i'm down to meet up with you one day somewhere in oc. have you been to tri city lately? is it producing catches? pm me rich.