PDA

View Full Version : Update on Petition for DVL

megan@lastchance
03-26-2009, 11:27 AM
Hey everyone. We are up to 844 signatures, not including what Rick has accumalted, this is another crazy week for him being at Del Mar. We are getting really close. The meeting is April 14th (Tuesday) at 8:30 a.m. in L.A. I'm hoping if any of you can attend please do so, I'm thinking if we have people show up along with having the petition that we might make more of an impression. Also if anyone out there has a concrete business, I would like to take some quotes along. I have the figures on what is needed for concrete and rebarb. So call me or pm me.

Thanks again everyone for your support.

Megan

ddoskocil
03-26-2009, 12:01 PM
Great job Megan - keep up the hard work, and thanks for keeping us in the loop! I'll be out there this weekend to stock up for the warm weather fishing!

lurk 182
03-26-2009, 01:08 PM
just a word on concrete, i am no expert but to do a pour on a slope like the launch ramp would require is not the same as a flat parking lot, maybe a little closer to a swimming pool, where i think they have to use a thicker mix so it won't run down hill, so make sure you've got the right kind of bid for this type of work. (and its re-bar, btw) thanks megan.

hoghuntr
03-28-2009, 01:48 AM
Have someone call Robertsons and ask for John Troash. He is the son of Dennis Troash who owns the company. There is also a brother by the name of Jeff. Tell them what you are trying to do and maybe he will help out. I know they are sportsman.

If anyone can pull a few strings it would be Dennis.

You can also call Brad Masters who is a salesman for them. Mention my name
David Morgan. It's worth a try.

lurk 182
03-29-2009, 12:23 PM
that's awesome David, way to problem solve. those guys may even be able to do the job at cost and write it off as a charitable donation. i know construction is generally pretty slow now anyway. the more details that can be worked out before the meeting, the less MWD can present these issues as "obstacles" to the extension. you da man.

goseango
03-31-2009, 02:07 PM
any reason why they cannot use the slabs already on site at DVl...must be 30 or more launch ramp slabs behind the shop???

kenmac33
03-31-2009, 07:44 PM
Quote "any reason why they cannot use the slabs already on site at DVl...must be 30 or more launch ramp slabs behind the shop??? "

I was waiting for someone to ask that very question??

ken

KnC
04-01-2009, 07:43 PM
I was there last weekend and It looks like there are a lot more than 30 of the prepoured launch ramp slabs. I am guessing they are about 5' X 10' and there might be a hundred or more. Some look slightly damaged but useable. It may not be enough to complete the entire ramp but it could possibly extend a lane or two. I am very interested to hear from someone who knows more.

megan@lastchance
04-02-2009, 10:03 AM
Hey everyone we are at 903 signatures, this is not including what Lynne with NBW or Rick Grover has. We are almost there :Smile:

As far as the exisiting panels, I have heard several reasons but don't want to quote them as I'm not sure what is real. But the figures I was given for concrete and rebar are with using the exisiting panels and then with out them. So for whatever that is worth.

Thanks again,
Megan