PDA

View Full Version : The duct last evening - 2 times the fun !

gletemfeelsteelgary
03-26-2009, 09:28 AM
Hit the duct for a couple hours last night..

It was tough but I fished it hard….my hard efforts beared fruit..

Hookupppp!................#1 was a little smaller than the 2nd and #2 pulled some nice drag.

I pulled the trigger and WHAMMO !.........

Stripa Duct Revenge !!!!!!!!!

Those suckas should have been kinder to me recently ………….

Daddy doesn’t like being ignored……IT’s PAYBACK TIME !

I wont mention what I caught it on since there are those who love the hate in life..

Good fishing to you all..
Gary

Stormcrow
03-26-2009, 09:34 AM
Wow, those are a couple of nice ones! I wish I lived closer to the Duct. Now you gave away your position in those pics....HE CAUGHT EM RIGHT BY WHERE THE DUCT RUNS BY THE JACK IN THE BOX!!! DAMMIT MAN YOU GAVE AWAY THE SPOT! LOL

Oh, by the way, I think you meant to say: "bore fruit" not "beared" :-)

Way to hammer em!

kpn
03-26-2009, 09:36 AM
Very nice job there buddy! :Thumbs Up:.

KPN.

Hitts0n
03-26-2009, 10:09 AM
Gary these fish are eating way too much steel !

Keep letting them feel it !:Wink:

StriperEye
03-26-2009, 10:53 AM
Great looking fish Gary,way to make em feel the steel!!

thepuma
03-26-2009, 11:12 AM
:Beer Toast:
Cheers Mate!!!! Nice going out there!. It's a cold wind a blowin today so I probably wont go out tonight, but it gets the blood pumpin, knowing it's starting to turn around. Getting two of them is awesome!
Great Job!

WJC71
03-26-2009, 11:17 AM
Why don't you let them spawn Gary?
Being such a "knowledgable" fisherman, you should know they start spawning in the ducts first this time of year. Real good job man.
Caus sooner....... not later
They're gonna be gone
I'm not talkin about the Colorado fed lakes or stocked lakes either.
Do your homework about the Delta fed watersheds and see what the approximated number was and is now. Also check out the new legislation trying to be passed right now - AB 1253

Everybody wants to "Kill,Kill" "Slay,Slay" the striper. You guys should just go after the LMB's and SMB's also.

Boy, you sure taught them a lesson now. That's what they get for skunkin
"feelthesteel"

Why don't you be a responsible fishermen........ There's a lot of kids that idolize your arse on this site. Teach them selective fishing rather than blood, blood , kill, kill. That's the only way we are going to protect our fisheries in California.

trashetanush
03-26-2009, 11:30 AM
Nice job on those stripers.

GeordyBass
03-26-2009, 11:30 AM
Being such a "knowledgable" fisherman, you should know they start spawning in the ducts first this time of year. Real good job man.
They're gonna be gone
Do your homework about the Delta fed watersheds and see what the approximated number was and is now. Also check out the new legislation trying to be passed right now - AB 1253

Everybody wants to "Kill,Kill" "Slay,Slay" the striper. You guys should just go after the LMB's and SMB's also.

"feelthesteel"

Why don't you be a responsible fishermen........ There's a lot of kids that idolize your arse on this site. Teach them selective fishing rather than blood, blood , kill, kill. That's the only way we are going to protect our fisheries in California.

Dude,Why are you trying to start drama?Are you mad because you haven't caught 1 striper out of the duct or....is your chair just too uncomfortable and poking you in the wrong places?

First of all,
Stripers are almost an invasive species(theres tons of stripers in the ducts dude!)and theres not really a chance for them to even die off all at once just because gary caught 1 or 2 here and there.If he was irresponcible he would be taking over the limit or any other illegal activity like snagging,throwing fly buzzers and such.Rather then jacking your jaw,get off your arse and just go fishin(not for bait).

GeordyBass
03-26-2009, 11:32 AM
Great,great job Gary!Thats how it should be done.Ignore the skunkers and fish the hell out of the duct!:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

WJC71
03-26-2009, 11:40 AM
First of all,
Stripers are almost an invasive species(theres tons of stripers in the ducts dude!)and theres not really a chance for them to even die off all at once just because gary caught 1 or 2 here and there.If he was irresponcible he would be taking over the limit or any other illegal activity like snagging,throwing fly buzzers and such.Rather then jacking your jaw,get off your arse and just go fishin(not for bait).Wow...... what a invasive reponse. Like I told Gary.. "Do your homework" If there were tons of stripes in the Duct, there would be tons of stripes caught. They are a predatory fish that will hit ANYTHING. I'm not saying don't keep them, I'm just stating look at the current conditions and base your fishing on that. Spawn time, drought conditions (water flow), Bluestoning that just occurred last week; these all have affects on the spawn.

BTW..... Let Gary hold his own rod:Wink:

gletemfeelsteelgary
03-26-2009, 11:46 AM
They're gonna be gone

"feelthesteel"

Your response would be SO much more well taken if you EVER had anything good to say here online, I don't think I've seen one positive post from you there friend ...sorry there buddy but it's each individual that makes the decision to do with what they want with their fish/catches, if someone idolizes anyone on this site they need to upfront know that it's thier decision not anyone elses.

And I can and will release a fair share when I decide to do so.

I do plan on doing many releases coming up here shortly but it will be my choice not that of one from someone noting someone elses catch and waiting to find any fault they can as I see you do so often, particularly with my catches.

Stripers will be fine and I'm well aware of the delta situation, I like to eat fish and when I choose to eat them I will and theres nothing wrong with that, everyone has taken the largemouth mentality into all other fish realms that do not necessarily apply.

I wont sit and debate about this cause it's thats simple.

I do FREQUENTLY fish and CATCH Largemouth Bass and I release 99.9999% of that species.

AND YES, once in a while I will eat a largemouth Bass too....I release countless THOUSANDS and if I want to eat one here or there I've earned the right.

I'm not telling everyone to eat all largemouth, I'm saying if you've caught and released hundreds....one or two from time to time is acceptable.

I've stated this before as well so please don't spin that out that I am now killing all largemouth.

Like I say, if you would have more creative input more on a regular basis, your whole post would be received in a much more receptive manner.

It's not my responsibity to make sure everyone on this site has good fishing habits, I try to do my share to help others indeed but don't put that on my back...it's each anglers duty to fish responsibly....not mine alone.

The stripers will prevail, they are spawning machines....noted one should be concious of the situation and thats why I note that some will be released hereforth...in fact I even mentioned this to my buddy last evening at the duct, they are a little more vulnerable in the duct as opposed to a lake regarding their spawn habits.

Thank you for the concerns and there is some worth in your intentions but I don't think they are 100% honorable in this case.

Thank you for the info.
Gary

Stormcrow
03-26-2009, 11:49 AM
Wow...... what a invasive reponse. Like I told Gary.. "Do your homework" If there were tons of stripes in the Duct, there would be tons of stripes caught. They are a predatory fish that will hit ANYTHING. I'm not saying don't keep them, I'm just stating look at the current conditions and base your fishing on that. Spawn time, drought conditions (water flow), Bluestoning that just occurred last week; these all have affects on the spawn.

BTW..... Let Gary hold his own rod:Wink:

Actually, Im one of the biggest conservationists here. And I thought it was a great report. I was kinda surprised at your claims. The current populations of stripers are VERY healthy and they are not in any danger whatsoever. As far as the Delta is concerned, Striper populations are the least of your worries.

My advice....Read an academic journal

My only complaint is that Gary never smiles in his pictures!!!!

WJC71
03-26-2009, 11:50 AM
Very well thought out response... Gary :Beer Toast:

thepuma
03-26-2009, 11:58 AM
Whew!!! Now thats over with can we get on with the KPN SPAM discussion Gary????
:Wink:
JK

kpn
03-26-2009, 11:59 AM
My only complaint is that Gary never smiles in his pictures!!!!

:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:.
When I take picture for Gary & his catch, I always make sure he smile for the pic.....LOL.

Gary,
I always ask you to smile....right??? :ROFL:.

KPN.

gletemfeelsteelgary
03-26-2009, 12:04 PM
Whew!!! Now thats over with can we get on with the KPN SPAM discussion Gary????
:Wink:
JK
Ha ha ha aha....if I don't state what I caught it on....everyone gets pzzzed....if I state what I caught it on.......a handfull of people get Pzzzed....cant win....
Catch e'm on anything you can, does not make a difference to me...

I know what I use ....!....Ha ha ha ha

I just want to fiash !....that it.....I love it....cant get enough of it....and I will continue to fish....

Did I mention that I like to fish ???

I think I'll go fishing tomorrow....Hmnnnnn....what should I use ?

WJC71
03-26-2009, 12:06 PM
The current populations of stripers are VERY healthy and they are not in any danger whatsoever. As far as the Delta is concerned, Striper populations are the least of your worries.

I applaud your conservationist attitude, However when State gets rid of all striped bass fishing regs, those salt and Delta numbers will diminish quickly. Not from rec. anglers, but from commercial entities. The latest numbers to come out is that there are only 30,000 striped bass left that are trapped in the watershed and due to the lack of flow and crazy reservoir flucuations the spawn is only gonna be 10-12% succesful.

Well, I gotta get back to my academic journal...... Green Eggz n' Ham

thepuma
03-26-2009, 12:08 PM
Ha ha ha aha....if I don't state what I caught it on....everyone gets pzzzed....if I state what I caught it on.......a handfull of people get Pzzzed....cant win....

I just want to fiash !....that it.....I love it....cant get enough of it....and I will continue to fish....

Thanks for making me laugh at work. Been a pleasure!!
BTW I will be fishing with a plain hook tonight.

gletemfeelsteelgary
03-26-2009, 12:11 PM
Thanks for making me laugh at work. Been a pleasure!!
BTW I will be fishing with a plain hook tonight.

You'd be surprised at how well those work !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:.
When I take picture for Gary & his catch, I always make sure he smile for the pic.....LOL.

Gary,
I always ask you to smile....right??? :ROFL:.

KPN.
That you have done buddy.....

Ulua1
03-26-2009, 12:17 PM
Dam your killin it out there. Nice job on them fat stripers!

yolo
03-26-2009, 01:05 PM
Actually, Im one of the biggest conservationists here. And I thought it was a great report. I was kinda surprised at your claims. The current populations of stripers are VERY healthy and they are not in any danger whatsoever. As far as the Delta is concerned, Striper populations are the least of your worries.

I applaud your conservationist attitude, However when State gets rid of all striped bass fishing regs, those salt and Delta numbers will diminish quickly. Not from rec. anglers, but from commercial entities. The latest numbers to come out is that there are only 30,000 striped bass left that are trapped in the watershed and due to the lack of flow and crazy reservoir flucuations the spawn is only gonna be 10-12% succesful.

Here is an article from 06 about poaching delta stripers http://www.dfg.ca.gov/news/news06/06122.html . These people would catch as many as they can and sell them. Imagine if the 2 limit limit was lifted. Everyone and their mother would be catching and selling them. Yes I agree 100% that the extra cut back in flows and the bluestoning both last year and this year did hurt and is going to hurt the spawn. At least in the Antelope Valley sections of the duct. I don't know what they do in Bako and points north. I have seen the duct deteriorate in the 20+ years I have been fishing it. It's not just the stripers. Catfish have also suffered for whatever reason. It is just not the same fishery of days of old. I regretfully don't see it getting any better either. It's a shame.

WJC71
03-26-2009, 01:08 PM
Here is an article from 06 about poaching delta stripers http://www.dfg.ca.gov/news/news06/06122.html . These people would catch as many as they can and sell them. Imagine if the 2 limit limit was lifted. Everyone and their mother would be catching and selling them. Yes I agree 100% that the extra cut back in flows and the bluestoning both last year and this year did hurt and is going to hurt the spawn. At least in the Antelope Valley sections of the duct. I don't know what they do in Bako and points north. I have seen the duct deteriorate in the 20+ years I have been fishing it. It's not just the stripers. Catfish have also suffered for whatever reason. It is just not the same fishery of days of old. I regretfully don't see it getting any better either. It's a shame.

That it is! :Crying:

Stormcrow
03-26-2009, 01:28 PM
I am well aware of the plight of the Delta. My contention is simply that the Delta has far bigger problems than the Striper population. There are species that are in far more danger.

Thats the point I was making. As far as 30,000 stripers in current watershed, I have no idea where they got that number, I have never heard of that number, I would love to see where you got that number.

vanillagurilla
03-26-2009, 01:35 PM
id like to know what the duct in so cal has to do with the delta? it also dosnt matter what time of the year it is to spawn, its all about conditions. if the conditions are ideal more than once a year they will spawn. oh and ive seen gary smile... even in person! but the only pics he smiles in are the BLOODY ONES!!! i think ima go to the wood and slay countless juvinile stripers and post it just to piss off WJC71.

GeordyBass
03-26-2009, 01:38 PM

How about chartreuse Powerbait dipped in Garlic?Or how about KPN's Tuna Jigs with the sardine color?You know what,I think the best bait for you would be flylined senkos with treble hooks...:Wink:

:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

GeordyBass
03-26-2009, 01:41 PM
i think ima go to the wood and slay countless juvinile stripers and post it just to piss off WJC71.Sounds like fun!!!:Secret:

WJC71
03-26-2009, 02:00 PM
id like to know what the duct in so cal has to do with the delta? it also dosnt matter what time of the year it is to spawn, its all about conditions. if the conditions are ideal more than once a year they will spawn. oh and ive seen gary smile... even in person! but the only pics he smiles in are the BLOODY ONES!!! i think ima go to the wood and slay countless juvinile stripers and post it just to piss off WJC71.

Oh... VG

You finally got out of Jail?:Surprised:

or was that "Fat Camp"? :Secret:

FISHSTIX
03-26-2009, 02:10 PM
Those are a couple of nice lookin linesides you got there, nice job!
.......FISH ON!!!

vanillagurilla
03-26-2009, 02:14 PM
i think ur just mad because u cant catch ****. if u cant catch them u might as well save them right? yeah im fat but ive never been put in cuffs. i just say it was self defense. would you like a lesson? hmmmm! hmmm! u see that... i just flexed my "E" muscles hahaha. go sit at a desk.

gletemfeelsteelgary
03-26-2009, 02:15 PM
Hmnnnnn.....well......Hmnnnn.....
I thought I'd say......ahhhh....no....Hmnnnn...well al I have ta say is........Hmnnnn...

I think I'll go fishing...

Looks like a post to go into general discussions forum......or shall we wait till my NEXT KILL to continue the banter ?

Again.....I'll just go fishing instead

gletemfeelsteelgary
03-26-2009, 02:24 PM
Oh... VG

You finally got out of Jail?:Surprised:

or was that "Fat Camp"? :Secret:
Theres certainly no call for that, come on, really...look at yourself in the mirror, no need...no call.....

I'm not joking now either....you NEED to go fishing....catch fish or not....I guarantee you'll come back feeling better and you wouldnt say such junior high comments.....jeez....

Remember this is a fishing forum, not a smack talking who can BS more board.

With comments like that I really don't see you lasting too much longer on this board..

you are bringing the worse out in people rather than having fun which is what fishing is about...

Damn dude get out and wet a line

WJC71
03-26-2009, 02:34 PM
Theres certainly no call for that, come on, really...look at yourself in the mirror, no need...no call.....

I'm not joking now either....you NEED to go fishing....catch fish or not....I guarantee you'll come back feeling better and you wouldnt say such junior high comments.....jeez....

With comments like that I really don't see you lasting too much longer on this board..

you are bringing the worse out in people rather than having fun which is what fishing is about...

Hey Bud,

I dropped it at 11:50 a.m.

These guys want to start, I'm just responding.

Consider it dropped again

gletemfeelsteelgary
03-26-2009, 02:42 PM
Sooo people...... how about that wind......getting pretty crazy out there right now in Castaic...

Looks like it's a night in.... tonight..

May be a good night to get your tackle together, change the line and mount a mental attack for the next fishfest !

where will it happen next ?

fishmagic
03-26-2009, 02:44 PM
nice job on those lineside. Your the man at the duct. Yea, I agree with you about the hard work for those damn jailbird. Let go slay them all..

WJC71
03-26-2009, 02:48 PM
Sooo people...... how about that wind......getting pretty crazy out there right now in Castaic...

May be a good night to get your tackle together, change the line and mount a mental attack for the next fishfest !

Castaic Upper Tomorrow

The wind's supposed to die overnight

breeze71
03-26-2009, 02:58 PM
Good job slayer.

I'm not joking now either....you NEED to go fishing....catch fish or not....I guarantee you'll come back feeling better and you wouldn't say such junior high comments.....jeez....

I think WJC71 needs to drink a big cup of STFU and roll with the blows under his own start up threads.

Hows that for a junior High comment shhhlayer? haha

lurk 182
03-26-2009, 03:04 PM

dude, those are definately Dr. Seuss type statistics. ask anybody who has run a shock boat and they'll tell you we got 30,000 jailbirds between Castaic, Pyramid, Skinner, and DVL. they are 100% invasive and there should be no limit. nobody's going to commercial fish the duct.

GeordyBass
03-26-2009, 03:37 PM
I think WJC71 needs to drink a big cup of STFU

I love it!

Me and gary boyyy came up with that,,,lol,,,

vanillagurilla
03-26-2009, 03:49 PM
i think there might be 30000 in castaic alone. i know at the wood in the summer it dosnt matter where u fish u cant keep the bastards off ur hook. me and tacklejunkie have been there for over 12hrs at a time with wideopen bites on the smaller schoolies.

gletemfeelsteelgary
03-26-2009, 03:57 PM
Hey...I was wondering if anyone wanted to know that I caught 2 stripers last night at the duct ?

Ha ha ha

I used :

1 Shimano Crucial Rod
1 Shimano casting Reel
175 yards of Seaguar InvisX 15 lb flouro
1 Lure of Choice

786 casts into a headwind of 10-15 mph with larger gusts

Typical cast was approx 50 yards and a slow retrieve with a gutwrenching hooksets that would send Roland Martin running for the docks..

Skyler
03-26-2009, 04:08 PM
The duct is kinda like hunting for chukar. The first time you do it for fun, every time after that, you do it for revenge, lol! Good job catching anything at all there. I've yet to.

scvbasser
03-26-2009, 04:18 PM
nice job at the duct gary.one of these days its going to be my turn.don't know what's all this fuss is about but keep on doing what you're doing.haters will be haters...or maybe they're jealous lol

thepuma
03-26-2009, 04:19 PM

See what you started Gary. Stick to fishing next time... LOL. I left work hours ago and decided to check the forum again. Many pages later this post still "rocks on"

We (Penny and I) Just got back from the duct (Johnson) and was pretty much chased out by the wind. It is Mad Crazy out there right now. White Caps on the water. Penny was even ready to leave as soon as we got there and thats saying something!
So I guess I will enjoy the message board entertainment and some popcorn.
:ROFL:

yolo
03-26-2009, 04:37 PM
Hey...I was wondering if anyone wanted to know that I caught 2 stripers last night at the duct ?

Ha ha ha

I used :

1 Shimano Crucial Rod
1 Shimano casting Reel
175 yards of Seaguar InvisX 15 lb flouro
1 Lure of Choice

786 casts into a headwind of 10-15 mph with larger gusts

Typical cast was approx 50 yards and a slow retrieve with a gutwrenching hooksets that would send Roland Martin running for the docks..

Palmdale or Bakersfield?

gletemfeelsteelgary
03-26-2009, 04:39 PM
Palmdale or Bakersfield?
AV.......and many casts

JENSEN500
03-26-2009, 05:06 PM
i hope you use up all of your luck at the duct cause i dont want to look like a jack *** in from of my friends at havasu when you wax my ***** there!
kris said im not allowed to show you any spots in havasu...i think shes afraid of what the others will say if we bring a ringer into the camp ;) LOL

GETTIN' CLOSE BROTHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GeordyBass
03-26-2009, 05:09 PM
i hope you use up all of your luck at the duct cause i dont want to look like a jack *** in from of my friends at havasu when you wax my ***** there!
kris said im not allowed to show you any spots in havasu...i think shes afraid of what the others will say if we bring a ringer into the camp ;) LOL

GETTIN' CLOSE BROTHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!Any wagers Anyone???:ROFL:

troutdog
03-26-2009, 05:20 PM
Great report Gary, thanks for sharing all the info...and I for one don't care if you smile or not just keep the quality reports coming buddy! :Wink:

TD

gletemfeelsteelgary
03-26-2009, 05:28 PM
i hope you use up all of your luck at the duct cause i dont want to look like a jack ***

not allowed to show you any spots in havasu...i think shes afraid of what the others will say if we bring a ringer into the camp

!!!

I Make my OWN Luck...woo hoo hoo hoo ha ha ha ha.....
Ohhhhh Yeah!!!!!! woo-Hoooo!
I am losing it....Bloood is in the air...on my hands...on my lure...on my clothes......ohhh yeahh....Daddy likes !

Yeee-Haw.....just warming up my hookseting ARM....dont want to pull any muscles on those fish out there in Havasu!!!

No worries bout the spots....I'll figure it out one way or another...I've been out there once but many years ago and I caught Grips and I didnt know squat about them Jailbirds then.....I'll find them fishies !!!! ....IT's Onnnnnnn!!!!!

Cant wait.....I say we wager a shotgun beer for each fish caught over the other persons catch.....meaning....when you catch 20...I'll catch 30 and you'll have to shotgun 10 beers (in the course of a night of course !)

Let's PLAY.......
Dont worry...I'm good for at least 5-6 shotgun beers anyway for fun so you wont be made to shotgun alone....I'll give ya the sympathy beer pounding..
Woooo_Hoooooo!

Ha ha ha ha....I am losing it........I sure wish I could get up there a few days sooner but Friday it will have to be but I'll be there and ready to spill Bloooood !
Ohhhh Yeah !
Gary

FINSMACKDOWN
03-26-2009, 08:02 PM
So its all starting to come together!
What happend to?
The Dinosaurs?.....................................GAR Y!
The Dodo Bird?.....................................GARY!
Humpback Whale?.................................GARY!
Keep doin your thing Bro! Your posts are great,and i have seen posts where you have put a few jailbirds on parole!
The only thing i release is BROWN TROUT, every morning round 8:30 right after my Coffee!....hahaha!
KEEP'EM PEELIN!

Ambassadorhawg
03-26-2009, 08:27 PM
I will get you TWO presents!

The first one will be the skunk costume we've been talking about recently.

The other one will be a Striped bass costume.

I have only one condition: You must wear which ever costume is appropriate with the out come of your efforts after each Striper outting for the entire day following your catches or not...

gletemfeelsteelgary
03-27-2009, 09:21 AM
So its all starting to come together!
What happend to?
The Dinosaurs?.....................................GAR Y!
The Dodo Bird?.....................................GARY!
Humpback Whale?.................................GARY!
Keep doin your thing Bro! Your posts are great,and i have seen posts where you have put a few jailbirds on parole!
The only thing i release is BROWN TROUT, every morning round 8:30 right after my Coffee!....hahaha!
KEEP'EM PEELIN!

LMAO !!!! but you forgot...

The last american Virgin !

GeordyBass
03-27-2009, 12:37 PM
lmao !!!! But you forgot...

The last american virgin !
bigred killa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

TroutOnly
03-27-2009, 08:53 PM
THE ONLY TIME GARY SMILES IS WHEN ITS ONE BIG FAT TOAD FISH,,,,way to slay drinkthepink,,,,LOL,,,,

basscatcher
03-27-2009, 10:09 PM
thier we go gary nice fish. good job beating that duct skunk.

God Bless

basscatcher

GeordyBass
03-29-2009, 10:08 PM
THE ONLY TIME GARY SMILES IS WHEN ITS ONE BIG FAT TOAD FISH,,,,way to slay drinkthepink,,,,LOL,,,,LOL old timer,,,:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:,,,Judas Priest and A7X!!!!Yeah:Smile:

gletemfeelsteelgary
03-30-2009, 11:27 AM
THE ONLY TIME GARY SMILES IS WHEN ITS ONE BIG FAT TOAD FISH,,,,way to slay drinkthepink,,,,LOL,,,,

I'm tellin ya, it's dat Blooooood Bob...It's dat Blooooood.....

Bring on that pink drink Uncle Bob, I will slay some Cuda on it......Bring it......I got a crisp 20 dolla bill that says I can slay at LEAST 1 fiash on lure made from the can..

Do ya WANNA ???? do ya Wannna ???? ha ha ha