PDA

View Full Version : Question about private prop. along the Owens

fishing_addict
03-26-2009, 09:07 AM
I've never fished the Owens and will be doing so for the first time the weekend before the opener. My question is this; From the Laws bridge heading down river the Owens snakes through quite a bit of land and I am wondering if much of this land is private property? If so is it clearly marked? Are there any areas that are off limits or can one just walk the river and fish all they want??? One more question, we'll be staying at PV campground and was wondering where we could wet a line around the campground? I know that there is a wild trout section that starts around the camp but is there anywhere to fish by the camp?? Thanks!

BishopTrouter
03-26-2009, 04:47 PM
Im not too sure about this but I believe some areas are in fact private property b/c i've been fenced off before (Just downstream of Collins Road) but Im not sure if it was actually private property or the DWP trying to insure no offroad vehicles into the area... on the other hand, If u have waders or a kayak to drift in, nothing is off limits to you ;)

As far as the PV campground, there are definately places all along there to fish (the river flows right between the campsites) but it has a special regulation of a two fish limit and thats only below the dam to the footbridge... once below the footbridge you enter the Wild Trout Section in which its artificial/barbless/C&R only. Yet, i hope you do keep catch and release in mind even when you're in the campground area b/c the majority of trout here are wild browns and its always nice to let these fish grow to fight even harder another day.

fishing_addict
03-26-2009, 06:31 PM
Im not too sure about this but I believe some areas are in fact private property b/c i've been fenced off before (Just downstream of Collins Road) but Im not sure if it was actually private property or the DWP trying to insure no offroad vehicles into the area... on the other hand, If u have waders or a kayak to drift in, nothing is off limits to you ;)

As far as the PV campground, there are definately places all along there to fish (the river flows right between the campsites) but it has a special regulation of a two fish limit and thats only below the dam to the footbridge... once below the footbridge you enter the Wild Trout Section in which its artificial/barbless/C&R only. Yet, i hope you do keep catch and release in mind even when you're in the campground area b/c the majority of trout here are wild browns and its always nice to let these fish grow to fight even harder another day.

The only ones I keep are the Bow stockers and even then all I keep is one for dinner, all others will be C&R'd.:Smile: Thanks for the info BTW!