PDA

View Full Version : For those who might be fishing L.A. or Long Beach

KID CREOLE
03-26-2009, 07:00 AM
Hey guys,

A buddy of mine was boarded yesterday by the DFG out near IZORS reef, the DFG was interested in what was in his bait tank. Apparently, there may be some very small white seabass mixed in with the sardines.

So, if you buy bait, have them load it slow, make sure you don't have anything that looks like a small white seabass or Tom cod or Herring.

ghetto dad
03-26-2009, 07:05 AM
DFG proably planted them in the receivers....

GD

mickeysindahouse
03-26-2009, 08:53 AM

GD
Wouldn't surprise me.

Bradakas
03-26-2009, 03:23 PM

GD

I'm a little out of the salt water game at the moment. Feel free to elaborate thanks

KID CREOLE
03-26-2009, 03:50 PM
Guys, more than likely, some fisherman was jigging brown bait in the harbor to fish calicos or cbass and didn't know he had baby cbass and blamed the bait suppliers.

It's not very common for sardines to be running up along the shore or near the breakwalls where the baby cbass would be!

ghetto dad
03-26-2009, 05:38 PM
I'm a little out of the salt water game at the moment. Feel free to elaborate thanks

Nevermind, oh "husky" one...lmao

GD

lurk 182
03-26-2009, 06:49 PM
Guys, more than likely, some fisherman was jigging brown bait in the harbor to fish calicos or cbass and didn't know he had baby cbass and blamed the bait suppliers.

It's not very common for sardines to be running up along the shore or near the breakwalls where the baby cbass would be!

sounds about right. i see some sabiki guys in a certain lagoon in LB that definately has some juvenile wsb in there.

HESBROS
03-26-2009, 09:24 PM
Wouldn't surprise me.

DFG Bashing agian.........because they are protecting a resource..........do they do anything right other than when they go "Off duty"?

kissthecrook
03-28-2009, 10:52 PM
sounds about right. i see some sabiki guys in a certain lagoon in LB that definately has some juvenile wsb in there.

Shhhhhhhhhhhh.

vince champion
03-29-2009, 01:22 AM
I was out @ LB this past thursday and DFG pulled up (in a huge aluminum boat) to my boat and asked to see our bait tank and live well also. Showed them and asked if we knew the size regulation of legal fish. We simply answer yes, and he then past a flyer to me about Not eating White croakers and other fishes in the harbor. Pretty informative. After that he left us alone. I guess they are just doing their job. First time seeing them out @ LB. DGF came from DANA nph area i believe.

TShaffer
03-29-2009, 03:57 PM
I was out @ LB this past thursday and DFG pulled up (in a huge aluminum boat) to my boat and asked to see our bait tank and live well also. Showed them and asked if we knew the size regulation of legal fish. We simply answer yes, and he then past a flyer to me about Not eating White croakers and other fishes in the harbor. Pretty informative. After that he left us alone. I guess they are just doing their job. First time seeing them out @ LB. DGF came from DANA nph area i believe.

Those white croakers are bad news. Full of mercury.

Fish Dog
03-29-2009, 04:17 PM
DFG Bashing agian.........because they are protecting a resource..........do they do anything right other than when they go "Off duty"?

Yeah, here we go again..."DFG's never around"..."they never come when I call"..."they don't write enough tickets"..."why can't they catch poachers". And, here again...because someone from here got checked, they're, apparently doing something wrong?!? Or, they planted evidence?!? There's so much good stuff out there why would they have to plant evidence? Anyone that bi*ches about getting checked is either a closet poacher or is so narcissistic that they don't believe they could do anything wrong and are insulted that the Warden can't tell that just by looking at them. I, for one, am happy when I get checked. I'm always legal, (except for a few times that I've forgotten to pin the license on my shirt, but that would be my fault if I got a ticket for that). It makes me feel like I got my money's worth for buying a license.