PDA

View Full Version : Blythe Area

H20Rusty
03-25-2009, 08:24 PM
Was out at McIntyre Park today, my favorite spot close by on the river. LMB were bedding in the backwaters so I moved out to fish the river. (I try not to pull bass off beds if I can avoid it.) Fish were evident out there but they were hard to catch. I was fishing for bass this trip. I threw everything in the box at them: Plastics of every size and shape, crank baits (gold, silver, baby bass, baby bluegill, chartreuse) spinners, dropshotted deep holes and that's all I can think of at the moment.

We were drift fishing mostly, throwing at the rocks on the bank, then fishing slow on the bottom on the retrieve. Got lots of bites this way. Honestly, we landed nothing but the fish were definatey there. I lost several tails off of Yamamoto soft baits. The bite seemed very soft, and is tought to tell if you're bouncing off a rock, or if there's a fish on the other end. It's like they 're bumping it but not being agressive. That, or they were very small. The popular color seemed to be purple and fish were in the middle of the river, in the deeper pools. I didn't get a single "trailer" darting out of the rocks. All of the hits were about 5-15 feet from shore and 6-10 feet deep and in fast moving water.

All in all a good day. Guess I can't complain about not catching anything since I don't get a chance to get out there that often any more and most everyone else I know was working today. Not a soul on the river in the middle of the week. Water temp was 64 degrees.