PDA

View Full Version : fairmount park

joebass
03-25-2009, 08:13 PM
fished the lake for about 4 hours with plastics and crankbait.not a bite.saw carp jumping but thats it.that lake must be close to empty with the bass.

TShaffer
03-25-2009, 08:18 PM
Sad to hear about the lack of bass, and your skunk. Might of just been a bad day.

castle
03-25-2009, 10:28 PM
No, they are inthere, they are just good at hiding. They are most active in the early morning and again in the early evening.

Lechuga
03-26-2009, 02:08 PM
Keep at it Joe, this is a hard ***** lake to fish. The bass are all high on meth so they are super parinoid. lol:ROFL:

joebass
03-26-2009, 02:21 PM
:ROFL:
Keep at it Joe, this is a hard ***** lake to fish. The bass are all high on meth so they are super parinoid. lol:ROFL:

cool.so they should bite once they come down and re-charge?:) :ROFL:

Lechuga
03-30-2009, 10:50 AM
:ROFL:

cool.so they should bite once they come down and re-charge?:) :ROFL:

I guess you can try sprinkling some on your lure.... you'll never know! LMAO

joebass
03-30-2009, 12:30 PM
I guess you can try sprinkling some on your lure.... you'll never know! LMAO well i guess i will hit it tonite.have not been there since last week so nothing else to do.ill use top lures and crankbaits and see what happens. do u go there alot?

bigblant
04-05-2009, 11:54 PM
I used to go a few times a week...not so much anymore. I always did a lot better catching trout there then bass. Come to think of it, I think I got more turtles and ducks there then bass...

joebass
04-06-2009, 07:39 AM
I used to go a few times a week...not so much anymore. I always did a lot better catching trout there then bass. Come to think of it, I think I got more turtles and ducks there then bass...i have to go back i guess.when its time cat fish is great there.easy

JediMindTricks
04-06-2009, 02:24 PM
bass hiding?
lake empty?

you guys must be crazy.

i know a spot right now where u can see atleast 10 largemouth just hangin out. one looks to be about 6lbs. Theres also a large amount of Bluegill in the area. And not far from that, theres a spot where its almost impossible not to catch a carp, sometimes a nice trout. you can see them if you look hard enough. otherwise, invest in "polorized glasses" immediatly.

joebass
04-06-2009, 02:56 PM
bass hiding?
lake empty?

you guys must be crazy.

i know a spot right now where u can see atleast 10 largemouth just hangin out. one looks to be about 6lbs. Theres also a large amount of Bluegill in the area. And not far from that, theres a spot where its almost impossible not to catch a carp, sometimes a nice trout. you can see them if you look hard enough. otherwise, invest in "polorized glasses" immediatly. sent u a pm

JediMindTricks
04-06-2009, 04:02 PM
replied.
Get um! I sure as hell cant. this bass fishing stuff is a little harder than i thought. i'll get it though..... gimme a little time.

joebass
04-06-2009, 06:01 PM
what do you fish for? the bass there are hard to catch.fishfinder does good there.he has fished there and knows that park.

JediMindTricks
04-06-2009, 06:37 PM
i usually just fish for carp and trout.
im trying to pull in one of those 20lb carp i hear people talking about.
but once i noticed the Bass, i said screw it, went and bought a ton of lures, etc. etc.

but im still learning, so, no luck yet.

joebass
04-06-2009, 07:04 PM
i usually just fish for carp and trout.
im trying to pull in one of those 20lb carp i hear people talking about.
but once i noticed the Bass, i said screw it, went and bought a ton of lures, etc. etc.

but im still learning, so, no luck yet.good luck i have seen a few caught over by the tank at the trees

fishmounter
04-06-2009, 08:23 PM
You must be using Jedi mind tricks.. I am at this place all the time and I know the entire area. There is no place "where u can see at least 10 largemouth just hangin out. one looks to be about 6lbs." The water is not even clear enough to see 10 bass! I know a place where you can maybe see 3 spawners, but not 10. Sorry dude, I don't believe you. No one else should either. Go back to your Star Wars movies. These aren't the bass you're looking for. Move along...

fishmounter
04-06-2009, 08:25 PM
Oh yeah Joebass... who's "fishfinder"?

castle
04-07-2009, 03:14 AM
I used to fish Fairmont alot also, now it is just like Seccombe lake in San Bernardino. The place is full of people hanging around and watching every move you make.Not an easy feeling.

joebass
04-07-2009, 06:42 AM
what do you fish for? the bass there are hard to catch.fishfinder does good there.he has fished there and knows that park. wrong name-its FISHMOUNTER who knows the park.

JediMindTricks
04-07-2009, 10:54 AM
caught this little guy this morning.
didn't try for the bass, but they WERE there still............

JediMindTricks
04-07-2009, 11:03 AM
good luck i have seen a few caught over by the tank at the trees

bass by the tank? someone had said there were, but i have only been fishing for bass lately cause i can see them at that spot. let me know if you made it down there today.........

joebass
04-07-2009, 12:51 PM
I will be there in the morning around 8. Nice trout.i just bought 3 big ones at cosco. Ha ha ha

Lechuga
04-07-2009, 01:02 PM
I'm going out tonight after work, maybe I'll see one of yous !

PHISHnutS
04-07-2009, 01:04 PM
Fairmont Park is so close to me and my family loves bass taco meat, thanks for the heads up guys!!

joebass
04-07-2009, 01:11 PM
great-knock yourself out.good luck

JediMindTricks
04-07-2009, 03:59 PM
like i said, i just got into bass fishing, so no luck for me.
ive tried every plastic i can get my hands on.
whoever pulls one, let me know what you got him on........ please.

Lechuga
04-07-2009, 04:54 PM
Fairmont Park is so close to me and my family loves bass taco meat, thanks for the heads up guys!!

Lovely !!!
:Head Bang:

joebass
04-07-2009, 05:02 PM
lovely !!!
:head bang: its ok the park is hard to fish. Take half of what you read here with a grain of salt.

fishmounter
04-07-2009, 06:00 PM
JediMindTricks... Check your PMs...

JediMindTricks
04-07-2009, 06:11 PM
replied.
i'll come say hello if i see you.

joebass
04-07-2009, 06:50 PM
replied.
i'll come say hello if i see you.

jedi are you going to the park tommorrow? do you live close to it

JediMindTricks
04-07-2009, 07:16 PM
pretty close. 5-10 minute drive on the streets.
i was gunna goto lake perris tomorrow, but i dont think im gunna make it there.
so yeah, i'll probly be there bright and early.

castle
04-07-2009, 08:20 PM
Jedi, I know what you mean. Ive seen some monsters in there myself. But because of the druggies running people off their turf, just like Seccombe Park here in san Bernardino, I dont go as often anymore.

BassLady
04-07-2009, 10:38 PM
Its funny that you say that because there are some crazy lookin fools at fairmount that i swear were homeless crack heads but were actually very knowledgeable about bass fishing and the lake. They look totally crazy but they were actually extremley nice

JediMindTricks
04-08-2009, 07:08 AM
i hear that BassLady.

im headed down there now. goodluck everyone.

Lechuga
04-08-2009, 10:38 AM
Its funny that you say that because there are some crazy lookin fools at fairmount that i swear were homeless crack heads but were actually very knowledgeable about bass fishing and the lake. They look totally crazy but they were actually extremley nice

So am I a crazy lookin fool or a crackhead ? Things that make you go hmmmm

joebass
04-08-2009, 01:22 PM
so did anyone make it to the park? how was it

Lechuga
04-08-2009, 01:48 PM
I caught two little ones and farmed 1 more. Not bad for that park.

joebass
04-08-2009, 02:11 PM
I caught two little ones and farmed 1 more. Not bad for that park.

bass or trout? anyways no skunk at that park is good going

Lechuga
04-08-2009, 03:24 PM
bass, I have never fished for trout out there. I don't know where I'd even start to be honst with you.

BassLady
04-08-2009, 04:56 PM
So am I a crazy lookin fool or a crackhead ? Things that make you go hmmmm

of course! You were who i was talking about :ROFL: It sucks cuz i was lingering over there because you were on the spot i wanted to fish but then when i saw u catch those bass i knew you werent going anywhere. You suck!

Its funny that you ask if you were a crazy fool or a crackhead when you assumed i was an old cougar or something lol

JediMindTricks
04-08-2009, 04:58 PM
i was there this morning.
went to the spot i spoke of to see if the bass were all still there.........
i only saw 1! the water in that area was grimey and dirty today. couldnt see in the water for **** either.

JediMindTricks
04-08-2009, 05:00 PM
i left around 10am, didn't see hardly anyone there. when did you two show up?

joebass
04-08-2009, 05:31 PM
didnt make it.if the weather is ok i will be there tommorrow.was it windy there.it was here in rancho.

JediMindTricks
04-08-2009, 06:16 PM
kinda windy. sunny than cloudy. definently cold.......

Lechuga
04-09-2009, 12:29 PM
of course! You were who i was talking about :ROFL: It sucks cuz i was lingering over there because you were on the spot i wanted to fish but then when i saw u catch those bass i knew you werent going anywhere. You suck!

Yeah I saw you eyeballin it ! i wouldn't have moved either way, Haa haa

Its funny that you ask if you were a crazy fool or a crackhead when you assumed i was an old cougar or something lol

Whatever granny ! Im all self conscious now, I'll be in a suit next time....LOL

old pudd fisher
04-09-2009, 08:56 PM

Ya!!:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

old pudd fisher
04-09-2009, 09:00 PM

Ya!!:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

bigblant
04-10-2009, 12:57 AM

oH, was that you I was talking to?

joebass
04-10-2009, 10:59 AM
any one fish here the last couple of days?

jason951
04-11-2009, 08:04 PM
i was there today, all i seen were carp.

fishmounter
04-11-2009, 09:51 PM
I did, but I can't say how I did...

BassLady
04-13-2009, 02:17 PM
Never Never go to fairmount on easter sunday, that place was figgin crazy!!! I got skunked :(

DirtyHarry3
04-15-2009, 01:52 PM
I've seen some guys at Fairmont before catching carp on regular old tortillas on the hook. I have a feeling they threw a chum bag or something in the water cause they were catching em like they were goin out of style.

If you ever get a chance, fish carp specifically. If you ever get a 5 pound carp on your dinky 6lb test, you're reel is gona scream. That's a fight that tests your tackle gives you a benchmark as to what your gear can handle. DONT walk away from your rig, a carp will drag the whole damn thing in the water faster than you think. They bite a run far and straight to deeper water. And it's highly possible without enough drag, a carp will spool ya.

Overall I think carp are uber fun to catch and tough to land on light tackle. Not stealin light from the bass though.

joebass
04-15-2009, 02:13 PM
ya i have seen a few people throw bags of chum into the waters by the tank and whould come back 3-4 hours later and fish.

JediMindTricks
04-15-2009, 02:56 PM
I've seen some guys at Fairmont before catching carp on regular old tortillas on the hook. I have a feeling they threw a chum bag or something in the water cause they were catching em like they were goin out of style.

If you ever get a chance, fish carp specifically. If you ever get a 5 pound carp on your dinky 6lb test, you're reel is gona scream. That's a fight that tests your tackle gives you a benchmark as to what your gear can handle. DONT walk away from your rig, a carp will drag the whole damn thing in the water faster than you think. They bite a run far and straight to deeper water. And it's highly possible without enough drag, a carp will spool ya.

Overall I think carp are uber fun to catch and tough to land on light tackle. Not stealin light from the bass though.

im almost willing to bet i can catch a carp or trout in 20 minutes or less.
i use a 4lb line......
and ive seen 2 poles get pulled in the water within 1 day. and one was mine. lol. thank god for the people who carry extra large weights and deep sea poles! :Wink:

DirtyHarry3
04-15-2009, 03:03 PM
im almost willing to bet i can catch a carp or trout in 20 minutes or less.
i use a 4lb line......
and ive seen 2 poles get pulled in the water within 1 day. and one was mine. lol. thank god for the people who carry extra large weights and deep sea poles! :Wink:

You're tellin me. I bought a Shimano rod last year that rated 60-100 lb BRAIDED line. The rod is as light as a regular bass rod but I can pic up a 15 lb weight. I threw a Avet SX and some Blackwater 10lb flouro. Just crankin the fish in. Overkill I know, but if nothin else is bitting, you can catch carp.