PDA

View Full Version : 3-25-09 at Irvine Lake

Troutman65
03-25-2009, 03:45 PM
Went fishing today with my good friend Suki. He has fished Irvine before but its been some time. I was the guide today. Once we got on the boat and our first stop was along the West shore. Droped anchors and set up with inflated N/C and power bait. Suki got bit right away on the N/C and landed a nice 3 pounder. Sweet. Guide trip going great so far. Waited for a while had farmed a few bites and it seemed that the bite died off about 8 thirtyish.

I decide to play a hunch and try an area that was productive for me last year in the Flats. There were a few boats around but none of them close to my spot. Anchored down and threw out Gulp Chunkie Chart. and Rainbow Turbo Powerbait. Got hit in a few min. and the fishing was on. Suki landed a nice 3 lbs. This trout fought great and had shoulders. I was hoping this was going to get good as this was a really nice class of trout. Sure enough, I got hit and I set the hook and landed a nice 3 lbs trout too. This was getting better by the min. We ended of with our limits at this spot. All the trout were in the 2 to 3 1/2 range with shoulders. All these trout hit our bait like a freight train. I guess these trout have been feeding on the shad and they are stong and beefy. I got the hit of the day. It was a flash back from last year when I was fishing the spot with Mitz. Mitz tells me I got a bite and next thing I know my rod and reel are going over board. This happened again today. A nice trout that was 3 1/2 or so hit my bait and my rod & reel was going over board. I jumped up to grab my rod and I fell down and got a nice strawberry on my knee. Bleeding and all. I did not take my eyes off my $$$$ rod & reel and reached out and grabed it and set the hook. Man did my knee hurt but I got that rod & reel steeling trout in the net & on the boat. I was stoked

You have to watch out for these rod & reel steeling trout at the lake They are in there waiting for you to be not paying attention. Bam next thing you know your stuff is gone. Don't laugh. It could happen to you.

Thanks for reading. It was a really nice day at the lake on the water. If you get the chance get out and get some.

bruce watson
03-25-2009, 04:38 PM
Patrick....You, much like my wife and half the women at the senior center, must think that we guys actually buy Playboy magazines to read the articles. Where's the pics?

BTW, nice day off

GET DA NET
03-25-2009, 04:48 PM
Patrick....You, much like my wife and half the women at the senior center, must think that we guys actually buy Playboy magazines to read the articles. Where's the pics?

BTW, nice day off

Lmao...........:ROFL:

GET DA NET
03-25-2009, 04:50 PM
Way to slay them trout TM65.

ghetto dad
03-25-2009, 05:25 PM
Yeah patrick...where are the pics????????????????????? Nice job brother...

GD

smokindrags
03-25-2009, 05:56 PM
Great report,I hope one of these days I can fish with ya TM keep up the good work

BIG RICHARD:Smile:

fishndrinknsmokin
03-25-2009, 06:48 PM
Sounds like a great day at the lake.....and since I was there to I can attest to the beauty of the day! Must admit that your presence of mind is much greater then mine because if I would of fell like you I don't think I would of ever have remembered to keep my eye on the rod and grab before it goes over...........let alone set the hook!! You might also want to consider full time work as a guide since you got your friend on the fish and put me on the spot I fished today. That would be 15 bloody tallies next to the Legendary Troutman65 aka Patrick. A beer to you my friend :Beer Toast:

Troutman65
03-25-2009, 07:34 PM

BTW, nice day off

Bruce, Your too funny:Smile::Wink: I do own a digi camera but I need batt. and I have not figured out how to post them. One of these days. :Wink:

Troutman65
03-25-2009, 07:37 PM
Way to slay them trout TM65.

Thanks for the reply Bro. Next time you come to the lake I'll try to get you onto a hot spot.:Smile:

Troutman65
03-25-2009, 07:39 PM
Yeah patrick...where are the pics????????????????????? Nice job brother...

GD

Thanks Steve. Hope you and your little one came out to fish for some trout in the next two months.:Smile::Wink:

Troutman65
03-25-2009, 07:42 PM
Great report,I hope one of these days I can fish with ya TM keep up the good work

BIG RICHARD:Smile:

Hey Big Richard, I hope to fish with you sometime this trout Season at Irvine Lake. Thanks for the reply. :Smile:

troutdog
We missed you out there Monday Patrick, glad you made it out to the lake today and got in on the hot bite.

TD

Mr Bendo
Glad to see you fishing TM65!!!! Nice job on getting them!!!

Troutman65
03-25-2009, 07:49 PM
Sounds like a great day at the lake.....and since I was there to I can attest to the beauty of the day! Must admit that your presence of mind is much greater then mine because if I would of fell like you I don't think I would of ever have remembered to keep my eye on the rod and grab before it goes over...........let alone set the hook!! You might also want to consider full time work as a guide since you got your friend on the fish and put me on the spot I fished today. That would be 15 bloody tallies next to the Legendary Troutman65 aka Patrick. A beer to you my friend :Beer Toast:

FnDnS, That Rod & Reel cost almost $400.00. You bet I am going to keep my eyes on it. Thats twice the beefy, pumped up trout tried to steel that set up. I think a bait runner is the answer to not loosing your set ups. Ask Jimmy. He lost a very expensive rod & reel in the lake this Season.:Crying:

As to guiding, I just have fun fishing and geting people to catch fish. Nothing more. :Wink:

Thanks for the reply and see you at the lake next time.:Smile:

Troutman65
03-25-2009, 07:54 PM
Glad to see you fishing TM65!!!! Nice job on getting them!!!

Hey Mr. Bendo !!!! :Smile: Thanks for the reply. Hope all is well Bro. Hope to see you at the lake in the next two months. Trout fishing is just getting good. You got to love the Spring bite.:Smile: And to top it off, the lake is putting in 10,000 pounds of trout for the WON event at the lake in April.:Smile: Its going to be GREAT trout fishing at Irvine Lake !!!

BingJr
03-25-2009, 07:55 PM
Great day out there Pat. Way to rock the Vine Guide!

Troutman65
03-25-2009, 07:56 PM
We missed you out there Monday Patrick, glad you made it out to the lake today and got in on the hot bite.

TD

Yeah, I was sick Mon.& Tue. Bounced back today and had a great time fishing. Thanks for the reply Bro:Smile:

Troutman65
03-25-2009, 07:59 PM
Great day out there Pat. Way to rock the Vine Guide!

Thanks Binger. When you going to bring your new boat out to the lake and get some trout & Crappie? The Crappie bite has been good first thing in the morning. I look forward to checking out your new fish slaying machine. You sell the Green Machine yet? See you at the lake Bro.:Smile:

Mr Bendo
03-25-2009, 08:04 PM
I'll try to make it out one more time Patrick!! It's BBL season for me!!! I will catfish more this year!!

CASTAWAY
03-25-2009, 08:07 PM
Never lose your rod to a fish Patrick, especially a Trout. Good job.:Thumbs Up:

Troutman65
03-25-2009, 08:17 PM
Never lose your rod to a fish Patrick, especially a Trout. Good job.:Thumbs Up:

So far so good Casty.I got a nice Strawberry on my knee and it still stings. Its ok . I did not lose my fishing rod !!!! Thanks for the read and reply Casty.

Troutman65
03-25-2009, 08:19 PM
I'll try to make it out one more time Patrick!! It's BBL season for me!!! I will catfish more this year!!

I hope you can make it out more than once. But if thats all you can do I understand. See you soon Bro.:Smile::Wink:

FISHSTIX
03-25-2009, 08:23 PM
Nice job dialing in on those fish and getting a chance to fish with your buddy.
Way to work your speed of a cat/reflex of a mogoose type reactions to nabb the one that could have got away.:Smile:

Troutman65
03-25-2009, 08:42 PM
Nice job dialing in on those fish and getting a chance to fish with your buddy.
Way to work your speed of a cat/reflex of a mogoose type reactions to nabb the one that could have got away.:Smile:

Yeah, for a Big Guy I do move fast :ROFL:

Thanks for reading and posting .

See you at the lake FISHSTIX :Wink::Smile:

Mondo21
03-25-2009, 09:04 PM
I was suppose to be out there today Patrick,and was too lazy to get up.We will be out on Friday and maybe Saturday too.
That was a funny story about the Thieving Trout. :ROFL:But I'll get him for ya my Friend. Thanks for the report. See you soon. Cindy:Smile:

Troutman65
03-25-2009, 09:08 PM
I was suppose to be out there today Patrick,and was too lazy to get up.We will be out on Friday and maybe Saturday too.
That was a funny story about the Thieving Trout. :ROFL:But I'll get him for ya my Friend. Thanks for the report. See you soon. Cindy:Smile:

Cindy, it was a great day fishing today. I am sure you needed the rest. I'll be looking for you on Friday.:Smile::Wink: Thanks for reading & the reply.

mobilereef
03-25-2009, 09:13 PM
Nice work troutman...I was out there too and had a blast on the crappie and bass. It was pretty nice out there wasnt it!!! One of those "easy days"

Take care

chris

Troutman65
03-25-2009, 09:19 PM
Nice work troutman...I was out there too and had a blast on the crappie and bass. It was pretty nice out there wasnt it!!! One of those "easy days"

Take care

chris

Hey Chris !!!! Whitney told me tonight that you were out on the lake today. Wished I had seen you today. I would of got you onto a great spot. I did put another boat on the spot after I left. I hope he did well.

Thanks for the read and reply Chris. your a cool BRO !!!!

See you at the lake soon.:Smile::Wink:

SteveH
03-25-2009, 10:02 PM
Fishing has been great as of late.
Nice work.
A few years back, while trolling the Vine, I caught a fishing pole.
It had a live trout on it with a brand new minnow lure wrapped around it that wasn't from the fishing pole?
I hope the water temps don't jump up to fast, if gets much above 65 degrees, the bites gonna shut down. Lets pray for some cool temps for the next few months.
Tight lines...

Troutman65
03-25-2009, 10:07 PM
Fishing has been great as of late.
Nice work.
A few years back, while trolling the Vine, I caught a fishing pole.
It had a live trout on it with a brand new minnow lure wrapped around it that wasn't from the fishing pole?
I hope the water temps don't jump up to fast, if gets much above 65 degrees, the bites gonna shut down. Lets pray for some cool temps for the next few months.
Tight lines...

I am praying for temps to stay the same. When I see you Monday Steve, I will let you in on the spot I was at today. Thanks for reading and replying .:Smile:

TroutOnly
03-26-2009, 07:37 AM
GOOD JOB PAT,,,,,,,,,,t/o

Hitts0n
03-26-2009, 10:03 AM
Well when im off next time when you are patrick,I can come out and be your photo guide! Congrats on the slay !:Wink:

troutdog
03-26-2009, 10:12 AM
Well when im off next time when you are patrick,I can come out and be your photo guide! Congrats on the slay !:Wink:

Hitts showing up at the Vine to do a photo shoot with Patrick just sounds WRONG. :ROFL:

TD

crappie stalker
03-26-2009, 10:51 AM
Patrick
Way to go on getting someone on the fish.. When I get out next Ill make sure and hit you up for your expertise..:Wink:
CS

See Chris Fish
03-26-2009, 11:43 AM
Way to go Pat!!
Nice to see you get to fish, rather than patrolling the lake and having to yell at people.
Nice save on the fishing rod.
That lake has one of my rods also. Lost it trolling by Sierra Cove. At least I know it's deep and won't be found by anyone!!
You're young and will heal fast!! Look at the bright side. The stories you can tell the ladies!! "Oh Pat, didn't it hurt? Can't we make it better!!!" LOL

MAVERICK27
03-26-2009, 11:52 AM
Great job patrick!!!! Thanks for the fresh intel. I love to see you get the cahnce to fish, you work very hard over there

Ketel
03-26-2009, 12:56 PM
Great read, Patrick. Did you guys catch any on the troll or just drifting? I've gotta get myself into a boat one of these days and stop fishing from the shores! I love the vine, but from shore, it's often slow.

Granny Fish
03-27-2009, 11:41 AM
I bet Suki had a great time and will be out there again soon. Glad to hear that your hunch was correct and you both got some fish in the boat. Only thing that would have made this report better is a couple of pictures of you and Suki out on the water. Doesn't your cell phone have a camera?

Troutman65
03-27-2009, 07:01 PM
GOOD JOB PAT,,,,,,,,,,t/o

Thanks for the read & reply Bob.

Troutman65
03-27-2009, 07:05 PM
Thanks for the read & replys

See Chris Fish, HittsOn, TD , Maverick27.

Ketel, We were anchored up . I am not much of a troller. Never much drifted either. Thanks for the read and reply

Troutman65
03-27-2009, 07:08 PM
I bet Suki had a great time and will be out there again soon. Glad to hear that your hunch was correct and you both got some fish in the boat. Only thing that would have made this report better is a couple of pictures of you and Suki out on the water. Doesn't your cell phone have a camera?

Tsuki ( I spelled his name wrong in the report. ) had a great time and I am sure he will be fishing with me again soon. I don't have a camera on my cell phone. Next time I will try to get some pics.:Wink: Thanks for the reply

diamondbear
03-28-2009, 06:05 PM
great guiding job for your freind , theres nothing better than a rod stealing fish . good job on the double limits patrick . are you ready for abalone diving , ha// steve

yamafish
03-28-2009, 08:14 PM
Nice report TM !

yamafish

Troutman65
03-28-2009, 08:32 PM
great guiding job for your freind , theres nothing better than a rod stealing fish . good job on the double limits patrick . are you ready for abalone diving , ha// steve

Hey Steve ( DB ) thanks for reading and the reply. I can not get any vacation time till September.:Sad: Hope you can get to the Vine soon. Give me a PM when you can make it out.:Wink:

Troutman65
03-28-2009, 08:33 PM
Nice report TM !

yamafish

Hey Rodger, Thanks for reading & the reply. :Smile:

Santa Fe Eric
03-29-2009, 08:54 PM
Patrick,
I only read through this whole thread with no pictures because you are such an awesome guy! Great read and fishing!

Batteries & Blessings to you!

Eric

Troutman65
03-29-2009, 10:33 PM
Patrick,
I only read through this whole thread with no pictures because you are such an awesome guy! Great read and fishing!

Batteries & Blessings to you!

Eric

Thanks for the read & reply Eric. Hope you / Derek can make it out to the lake soon for some great fishing. :Wink: