PDA

View Full Version : boat charter question

vanillagurilla
03-25-2009, 08:30 AM
my brothers dad (dont ask long story lol) wants to book a fishing trip in june sometime. ther will be 6-8 of us just famliy and i was wondering how much it would be to charter a 6 pack or something like that or if we could get some kind of discount? maybe if we could get some people on here signed up and charter a half day boat or something. maybe getto dads boat he works on? and how many people would that take?

ghetto dad
03-25-2009, 08:38 AM
my brothers dad (dont ask long story lol) wants to book a fishing trip in june sometime. ther will be 6-8 of us just famliy and i was wondering how much it would be to charter a 6 pack or something like that or if we could get some kind of discount? maybe if we could get some people on here signed up and charter a half day boat or something. maybe getto dads boat he works on? and how many people would that take?

lol....I dont work on a boat anymore homie.....i manage the place....

Now, as to your question, June is in the Summer, and charter prices are going to be pretty high, no matter where you decide to go. With 6-8 people, some "six pack" operations might be licensed for more than 6 if it is a day trip. Those trips are going to run you anwhere from $1000 (that would be CHEAP) on up. If you chartered a big boat, were talking well over $2000, up to $4000. If anything, a weekday charter WILL be cheaper than a weekend charter. IF you decide you and your family want to spend this kind of money, you need to book dates as soon as possible, days are filling fast!!!

I would recommend just going during the week (Monday-Thursday), on an open party boat. Prices are around $50-$60 per person, rod rentals are $10-$15, One day licenses for those who need, are around $15, and tackle is around $5-$8, depending on what you need. Bring cash for any boat you go on, they do not accept credit cards on the boat....let me know if i can help you more......pm me homie

GD

ghetto dad
03-25-2009, 08:40 AM
Oh, and another "FYI", when chartering a larger boat, the charter prices are the same, whether you have 6 people or 60. At least down here, if im not mistaken, i think i may have seen some landings up north charge a lil different, depending on how many you have....but its expensive man.....

GD

HESBROS
03-25-2009, 09:30 AM
Here is a link to Dana Wharf charters, consider the Helena or San Mateo. I have chartered both for Family fishing days and both were great. The 9 hr trip can get you to some good fishing spots along the coast. Of course, that depends on what June is like as far as fishing.
The Helena is $950.00 for up to 35 Pax on a weekday.
The San Mateo is $850.00 for up to 15 Pax on a weekday.

Not bad if you can get at least 10 peoples to share the costs.

http://www.danawharf.com/charters.html

Last time we chartered the Helena, we arranged a 12 hr trip for a little more $$$$. That gave us enough time to get down below San Onofre and get into some yellowtail action.

ghetto dad
03-25-2009, 09:49 AM
Here is a link to Dana Wharf charters, consider the Helena or San Mateo. I have chartered both for Family fishing days and both were great. The 9 hr trip can get you to some good fishing spots along the coast. Of course, that depends on what June is like as far as fishing.
The Helena is $950.00 for up to 35 Pax on a weekday.
The San Mateo is $850.00 for up to 15 Pax on a weekday.

Not bad if you can get at least 10 peoples to share the costs.

http://www.danawharf.com/charters.html

Last time we chartered the Helena, we arranged a 12 hr trip for a little more $$$$. That gave us enough time to get down below San Onofre and get into some yellowtail action.

wow Hesbros...thats dirt cheap man.....nice.......

GD

mrjonez
03-25-2009, 10:40 AM
i like to fish with the wave walker 6 pack charter out of santa barbara.

http://wavewalker.com

it's cheaper than most other 6 packs ($700 3/4 day, $850 full day), and the capt really know the area well.

ghetto dad
03-25-2009, 01:31 PM
i like to fish with the wave walker 6 pack charter out of santa barbara.

http://wavewalker.com

it's cheaper than most other 6 packs ($700 3/4 day, $850 full day), and the capt really know the area well.

damn man!!! if i would have known he was that cheap I would have tried to charter with him along time ago!!! thanks

GD

vanillagurilla
03-25-2009, 02:00 PM
thats really cool thanx guys. yeah its just gona be us guys ( dad and brothers and maybe my uncle if we can pry him off the islands for a few days.