PDA

View Full Version : Humidity and reels

deanhall32
03-25-2009, 06:50 AM
Anyone want to comment on the effects of humidity ( from a washer and dryer in a small laundry room) on reels? I just moved into a new place and have stored my rods and reels for about 2 months in a humid room. I finally took my reels off and put them in the house. Is it too late??

Comments please.

ghetto dad
03-25-2009, 06:53 AM
imo, most of todays newer gear should be fine....as long as its not salt water....I highly doubt your reels are ruined....especially if it wasnt for a LONG period of time...if you dont feel comfortable with that answer coach, give me all your gear, and buy new stuff......

GD

ghetto dad
03-25-2009, 06:55 AM
And wont that be precious, a big stud such as yourself walking on the boat with your gear smelling like "snuggle".....lmao:ROFL:

GD

deanhall32
03-25-2009, 06:56 AM
What are you doing up so early? Breast feeding??

ghetto dad
03-25-2009, 06:57 AM
What are you doing up so early? Breast feeding??

:ROFL:

LOL!! Damn, Coach Snuggle got jokes........

GD

deanhall32
03-25-2009, 09:34 AM
So Wingnuts getting more happy birthday responses than my serious question about humidity and reels. Jeez.... That sucks!!

Oh yea- Happy Birthday Wingnut

Nessie Hunter
03-25-2009, 09:45 AM
High humidity should not be a problem... Some scratches and dings may rust a bit, depending on the quality of metal...

Make sure they have some good lube in them and you should be fine..

Ricky-Ray
03-25-2009, 02:56 PM
I agree with Nessie Hunter, Coach Snuggle LOL. Freshwater doesn't do as much damage as saltwater does. If in doubt open them up and take a look on the inside but I think they will be just fine.

ghetto dad
03-25-2009, 03:06 PM
All these replies to his question, he dont even thank anyone.....so, so unappreciative.....

GD

sansou
03-25-2009, 03:55 PM
You can store them at my casa Dean. It would be an honor to store the famous panga rod ("Big Stu"), but I can't guarantee it won't make trips to Mexico though on the sly....:Razz:

deanhall32
03-26-2009, 08:47 AM
I just wanted to take this moment to thank all the responses from fellow FNNers who reassured me that my reels would be okay- especially Ghetto Dad who needs some attention probably because he didn't get that red wagon for Christmas or enough hugs from his mother before he went to school everyday.

ghetto dad
03-26-2009, 08:56 AM
I just wanted to take this moment to thank all the responses from fellow FNNers who reassured me that my reels would be okay- especially Ghetto Dad who needs some attention probably because he didn't get that red wagon for Christmas or enough hugs from his mother before he went to school everyday.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!! You ALMOST had it coach....you ALMOST werent a di*k in your reply!!! Im proud of you bro...baby steps coach, baby steps, youll get there.....

GD