PDA

View Full Version : Whisker Fishing at Elsinore with my 3 yr old nephew

Kevthecatfishstudent
03-24-2009, 07:31 PM
Gt the call to babysit monday morning. He has been begging me to take him fishing and after catching a nice cat at Elsinore last week before the Thunder in the cananl drag boat races, I had visions of seeing him catch a nice kitty on his little transformer pole I bought him. only had a few hours to fish and thought that was enough for him. Got there around 11:30 and set up in our first spot. baited with night crawlers and liver for no love. Atfer learning that you have to find the fish at elsinore, I decided to make one last move. Moved 100 yards or so down and added a bobber to my nephews pole to baited with a new crawler. My nephew was bored by this time and saying "When the fish gone bite?" as he was watching me bait my pole. I turned around and saw his bobber move slowly to the left and disappear.I told him he had a bite and his reply was get it. I set the hook and handed him the pole final result. Attleast I'm trying to post the pictures and a video. If it don't come through I'll email it to E maybe he can help me

TShaffer
03-24-2009, 07:36 PM
Nice job getting the nephew on some fish. I'll bet he was stoked to see that catfish.

Santa Fe Eric
03-24-2009, 09:17 PM
Gt the call to babysit monday morning. He has been begging me to take him fishing and after catching a nice cat at Elsinore last week before the Thunder in the cananl drag boat races, I had visions of seeing him catch a nice kitty on his little transformer pole I bought him. only had a few hours to fish and thought that was enough for him. Got there around 11:30 and set up in our first spot. baited with night crawlers and liver for no love. Atfer learning that you have to find the fish at elsinore, I decided to make one last move. Moved 100 yards or so down and added a bobber to my nephews pole to baited with a new crawler. My nephew was bored by this time and saying "When the fish gone bite?" as he was watching me bait my pole. I turned around and saw his bobber move slowly to the left and disappear.I told him he had a bite and his reply was get it. I set the hook and handed him the pole final result. Attleast I'm trying to post the pictures and a video. If it don't come through I'll email it to E maybe he can help me

Yes Sir!
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk176/Santafeeric/SDC10090.jpg

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk176/Santafeeric/SDC10092.jpg

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk176/Santafeeric/SDC10072.jpg

Santa Fe Eric
03-24-2009, 09:19 PM
Fillets!

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk176/Santafeeric/SDC10078.jpg

Great Post Kev! Look at the smile on that kids face!
You are a true family man!
Way to represent!

Fisherman57
03-24-2009, 09:26 PM
Nice job Kevin!
Kudo's on getting your nephew on fish!

Dana

Mrmedia
03-24-2009, 09:32 PM
wow nice catch. Nice to see the kids hooking up.

boxl0bster
03-24-2009, 10:36 PM
dude that a huge cat!!!! good job!

Hitts0n
03-25-2009, 12:09 AM
i miss the catfishing! Great on getting the lil ones out !

NoHo ART
03-25-2009, 12:28 AM
man the look on the kids face is priceless
grate job bro!

socalrippin
03-25-2009, 07:18 AM
thats a big cat to catch on that lil pole!!! wtg!!!

basscatcher
03-25-2009, 07:27 AM
wow that kid has skills bringing a fish that size on that small rod.Way to go kid:Thumbs Up:

God Bless

basscatcher

goodguy
03-25-2009, 07:59 AM
nice! that's bigger than most catfish I ever catch!!! Good work!

fish4anything
03-25-2009, 12:38 PM
Nice fat cat! I gotta get out there!

Trout Nine
03-25-2009, 01:42 PM
Nice job out there with the little one
keep up the good work.

Granny Fish
03-25-2009, 02:11 PM
Nicely done Uncle Kev. :Thumbs Up:

bullets_full
03-25-2009, 02:35 PM
That's awesome Kevin, congrats to your nephew! What'd that brute weigh?

_Bullets

LEAD DEVIL
03-25-2009, 06:52 PM
Hey-great job!! If the rest of us poached fish in the canal maybe no one else will be able to catch em in the legal areas.great idea-teach the kids well.i think we all should say f-it and use dynomite.

Kevthecatfishstudent
03-25-2009, 08:28 PM
Thanks for all the response appreciate it. the fish I'm holding in the picture is a pic of the one i caught a week before right around the 2 mile marker on the trail by Diamond Drive. The fish were full of shad and shrimp.

Leadhead- There's always one huh? BTW I have the card of the supervising park ranger that ok'd us fishing that area and even asked us to post on the elsinore website. So before you jump to conclusions and speak swallow your foolish words!

LEAD DEVIL
03-26-2009, 08:55 AM
Btw my post was well researched,direct responce to my e-mail to lake elsinore lake and equatic resource dept says that no part of the canal is ever open to fishing nor are there any "special use" permits for fishing there.the only use permits are for other events.if there is such a ranger post his name and number and i will be glad to call him.if he lets the rest of us fish there i will have no gripe and immediatly apologise.