PDA

View Full Version : Sand Traps near Lone Pine/Independence

patusc55
03-24-2009, 01:40 PM
Does anyone know if the creeks like George's, Cottonwood, or the others near Lone Pine and Independence have been stocked yet. DFG website says no but I'm surprised they haven't since the southern Sierra is now open to fishing.

I'm heading up Saturday to the Lone Pine area and hoping to hit some of those places.

Trout-Tuna-For.Me
04-05-2009, 08:06 PM
Aren't the sand traps East of Hwy 395? If they are, those aren't open til the regular season, correct? I think that's how it works. I may be wrong, not quite sure.
I've been fishing those sand traps also and the one south of Independance is my fav, since it even has some wild brown trout in it.
I may stop by there in May on my way home from Bridgeport, IF I haven't caught enough Browns by then.
Tight Lines,
TTFM

Joshua
04-05-2009, 08:17 PM
Aren't the sand traps East of Hwy 395? If they are, those aren't open til the regular season, correct? I think that's how it works. I may be wrong, not quite sure.
I've been fishing those sand traps also and the one south of Independance is my fav, since it even has some wild brown trout in it.
I may stop by there in May on my way home from Bridgeport, IF I haven't caught enough Browns by then.
Tight Lines,
TTFM
You are correct, Anything east of the 395 is closed until the general opener.
Southern Inyo County waters west of 395 are currently open. They open the first Sat of March

dockboy
04-05-2009, 08:59 PM
Shouldnt matter if they are stocked or not if they are west of the highway. Most of those creeks have wild browns and plenty of holdovers from the years before.