PDA

View Full Version : Cachuma 3/21

Fishmaster B
03-24-2009, 08:08 AM
Went to Cachuma on saturday with my uncle and friend. Thought id try to get a few trout before it starts to get to warm. Trolled rapalas on the surface most of the day. Only ended up with two nice trout. While trolling for trout we managed quite a few big crappie, and some of the biggest smallmouth ive seen out of cachuma for years. Lots of fun not know what is on the other end of the line. All fish released and sorry but we forgot the camera in the car. For those of you who like crappie fishing they were all over the lake and many anglers were catching them like no tomorrow. All in all the fishing is pretty good for all species, but the smallmouth and crappie were on fire.

cjcates007
03-24-2009, 08:11 AM
How was the boat inspection process? Does it take forever to get your boat on the lake with the wash-down and the engine running process? Like some feedback because I am planning on heading up there next week. Thanks.

Red Drum
03-24-2009, 07:14 PM
I was just about ready to try some trolling, but passed on it, but after reading your report, that's what I should've done.

Fishmaster B
03-27-2009, 08:59 AM
The boat inspection can be quick if your boat is super clean. My friend and uncle leave their boats up there so there is no inspection process when we go. My best advise is to take a really clean boat, no leaves, no trash, and no problem.