PDA

View Full Version : Fishing 3/23

Koshaw
03-24-2009, 08:05 AM
Got to the lake about 330am. Rigged up my lines. It took like 1.5 hours to do this because I kept going into the car and turning it on and the heater as well. The tempurature gauge on my dash said 35F O_o. Brrrrrrrr.

So besides it being very chilly, it was a beautiful morning/night with the stars very bright in the sky. It was also very calm. I saw my buddy Art in line there and greeted him. Soon after his friend Joe with his new bright red Deisel truck showed.

After seeing the giant rainbow on ice, we headed into the tackle shop for snacks/supplies and to find out where to fish!

We decided to go to the West Shore and brave the hike down over slippery plants, down the 70 degree hill, over rocks, mud, branches etc. Made it down and got set up. Art was the first one with a fish and then Joe. I finally got some action and got one on Garlic Power Bait.

Art and joe both got another one. Art on Garlic and Joe on an inflated crawler.

I managed one more on Garlic and then another one on a power mouse with a white egg.

I used both BANG and Berkley Garlic on the presentations as well.

There was a bit of a dry spell between 1030-130. I then got another on a power mouse same set up and so did Art. Joe finally left for home.

I grabbed my largest of the day a 3+lber, rounding out my limit.

Man do I gotta get a camera. I did take a couple of pics once the fish were in my sink and being cleaned. I will be uploading them.

I do want to say that I did farm like 6 other fish. These were really really strong hits on the nightcrawler where the whole darn worm that was double hooked was gone, and or where the bobber just went flying off my pole. It was WFO this day.

Tight Lines All!

Chuck

Mondo21
03-24-2009, 08:44 AM
Sounds like a great day out there my Friend. You really need to invest in a camera. Good job and you got your limit. WTG. Cindy:Smile:

fishndrinknsmokin
03-24-2009, 08:57 AM
Good job out there Koshaw! I gotta admire your dedication for making the hike to the west shore......I'm way to lazy to even think about that! I think I broke out in a sweat just typing about the hike.

Koshaw
03-24-2009, 10:17 AM
Thanks guys =)!

Its nice to be able to do it. I couldnt if I didnt lose that 100lbs...

:D

Limiting out of course is very nice as well.

Take care all!

Wingnut
03-24-2009, 06:59 PM
So Chuck, what's more fun... catching Halibut, or catching Trout?

troutdog
03-24-2009, 08:01 PM
Nice job out there koshaw, sorry we did not see you out there...congrats on the limit buddy!

So Chuck, what's more fun... catching Halibut, or catching Trout?

The beauty of fishing is in the eye of the rodholder :Wink:

TD

Koshaw
03-25-2009, 08:26 AM
Thanks guys!

Well, I liked the Hali cause one of my Goals in 09 was to do so! So that part of what I wanted to accomplish is done :D...now to get a bigger one ;)

The trout are nice too. I usually catch SOMETHING whenever I go out. I DO have the ocean bug now so with my buddy with the 170k boat I WILL be trying to go 1x a month with him :D. So I will try to go 2-5x a month total 2 fresh water and then 1x-5x ocean surf and boat...when the trout season is over and the sierra trips I am taking in may and june are over, I will probably just do Ocean fishing for the summer...then go back to fresh for the trout when the season comes around again...

So I will do the ocean fishing June-October. Surf and Pier and Boat fishing mostly.

2quikmotorwerks
03-25-2009, 11:51 AM
Thanks guys!

Well, I liked the Hali cause one of my Goals in 09 was to do so! So that part of what I wanted to accomplish is done :D...now to get a bigger one ;)

The trout are nice too. I usually catch SOMETHING whenever I go out. I DO have the ocean bug now so with my buddy with the 170k boat I WILL be trying to go 1x a month with him :D. So I will try to go 2-5x a month total 2 fresh water and then 1x-5x ocean surf and boat...when the trout season is over and the sierra trips I am taking in may and june are over, I will probably just do Ocean fishing for the summer...then go back to fresh for the trout when the season comes around again...

So I will do the ocean fishing June-October. Surf and Pier and Boat fishing mostly.

chuck dont forget about catfishin at the vine this summer should be good with the water being high like it is

Hitts0n
03-25-2009, 12:17 PM
" sighz " !

Koshaw
03-25-2009, 12:32 PM
Why the Sigh Hitts?

Oh yea once in a while I may do Catfishin Omar =_)

Troutman65
03-25-2009, 08:47 PM
Nice report Chuck. Congrats on your trout. See you at the lake Bro.:Smile:

Hitts0n
03-25-2009, 11:33 PM
When you gonna break out the digi camera Chuck ! Sow e can see some action !