PDA

View Full Version : 3/23 report

SteveH
03-23-2009, 10:14 PM
Arrived in the lot at about 5. Man, is it cold in the morning. Went to the tackle store and seen the monster fish in the cooler. I must say that the pictures don't do it justice, what a massive fish.
Launched in the dark and headed straight my secret spot along the red cliffs.
It seemed like a bad idea until about 7:15. Then the fish woke up. The fishing was then fast and furious. By 8:15, I had limited with 5 fatties. I then made the long haul all the way back across the lake and back to the bait shop, where I promptly purchased a second limit pass.
I then made the journey back to the cliffs. No troutdog today(?)
It took about an hour to make the journey. But the bite was on once again after I got back.
It had slowed considerably but I still got 5 more fat ones.
I still have to hook up on the troll?
Once again, my magic bait was the green power nuggets.
Another great day at the Vine!
Tight Lines...

troutdog
03-24-2009, 01:51 AM
Arrived in the lot at about 5. Man, is it cold in the morning. Went to the tackle store and seen the monster fish in the cooler. I must say that the pictures don't do it justice, what a massive fish.
Launched in the dark and headed straight my secret spot along the red cliffs.
It seemed like a bad idea until about 7:15. Then the fish woke up. The fishing was then fast and furious. By 8:15, I had limited with 5 fatties. I then made the long haul all the way back across the lake and back to the bait shop, where I promptly purchased a second limit pass.
I then made the journey back to the cliffs. No troutdog today(?)
It took about an hour to make the journey. But the bite was on once again after I got back.
It had slowed considerably but I still got 5 more fat ones.
I still have to hook up on the troll?
Once again, my magic bait was the green power nuggets.
Another great day at the Vine!
Tight Lines...

I was there :ROFL:

Nice job out there Steve, the bite was insane on Monday....Hitts and I killed it! When did you leave the lake? I'm surprised you didn't see us. Thanks for the report.

TD

Troutman65
03-25-2009, 04:27 PM
Nice job on the double limits Steve. Thanks for the post:Smile: