PDA

View Full Version : Bang! Bang! @ Corona Lake 03-23-09

BanginBob
03-23-2009, 09:49 PM
BanginBob on the Scene and it went down like this:

Arrived @ 8:30am to the gates of Corona Lake; Monday showed a light crowd but a welcome greeting by the staff upon arrival. Payed at the bait shop and like a otter pop it was cool and crisp this cold morning.

Parked and grabbed my arsenal BanginBob specials and Banginbob lobster specials and with a dash into the wind I was down on the dock to hop into my metal chariot! Knowing the wind was a possible concern, with no shock it was like the deadliest catch! The wind kicked up and I was getting water over the side like the scenes on the discovery channel but the mercury beast kept me going straight to my planned location; With luck the wind calmed for the moment upon my arrival to the BanginBob secret spot and the anchor blocks were stamped into the ground!

Now its the BanginBob boat hookups with no surprise! Pole (1) is thrown out like the deadliest catch and Bang! Bang! Not even having time to set the pole down the reels goes screaming like a opera singer! But like the rice crispies I had this morning, "Snap", crackel, pop! The line is snapped like a tensal thread! hmmmmm..... Pole (2) is baited up with the BanginBob lobster special and within seconds Bang! Set the hook and Bang! Bang! There she blows!!! The white belly goes flying in the air and swoooosh! Drag goes smokin! Break out the water folks as this reel was peeling drag and bendo on the Kencor! With no way of turning the head as its a freight train all I could do is hold on! Seeing the line heading towards my neighbor, I had no choice but to lift on the Kencor and hope to put the brakes on but like sig alert a quick halt on the drag and the worst feeling..... rod is limp and like a flat line on "ER" its hopless, chalk another lloyd to live another day.

But its not over yet, the poles were like bells ringing in the boat, clink goes the pole over in the boat and dancing in the wind is the rod tip with a fish on! Clink goes pole #2 while still removing fish from pole #1; Clink goes pole #1 while fixing pole #2! It was music to my ears besides the wind howling!

The water was white capped today like the perfect storm, and let me say 40mph wind is no joke! But that did not stop BanginBob!!

If you are looking for fish, Corona lake is where its at! The lake is loaded with fish!!

BanginBob rating: Bang! Bang! Bang!

Limts were the rule today
http://i730.photobucket.com/albums/ww303/banginbob01/corona032309.jpg?t=1237869565

Cold crisp view of a scenic panorma for a moment I thought was tranqulizing
http://i730.photobucket.com/albums/ww303/banginbob01/photo.jpg?t=1237869818

calico killer kevin
03-23-2009, 09:54 PM
Hot bait is...surprise, surprise...GREEN NITRO BAIT!

How heavy was the stringer? Can't read the small text...lol

troutdog
03-23-2009, 09:56 PM
Thanks for the entertaining read Bob, congrats on your limit!

TD

Redside
03-23-2009, 10:46 PM
Thanks for the post, it's good to see you back fishing. I always enjoy your reports.

Santa Fe Eric
03-23-2009, 11:06 PM
Very entertaining...I was on the edge of my seat...I bit my knuckles in suspense!

Keep Bangin'

yamafish
03-24-2009, 05:52 AM
BB,
Nice report and pics! I wish I could get away on a Monday to go fishin'..
Sorry about the Lloyd that got away!
Nice limit!

Take care,
Rodger - YamaFish

fishndrinknsmokin
03-24-2009, 06:57 AM
Way to bang it out on the white caps BB! Nice report and pics to round out what looked like a nice day for you on Corona! Thanks for the report!

CASTAWAY
03-24-2009, 07:09 AM
Nice work! Too bad about the Lloyd. Thanks for the report.

Mr Bendo
03-25-2009, 07:51 PM
Thats what I like to hear!!! A real fisherman braving the elements and catching fish!!!!! That's how Mr Bendo rolls!!!!!!! Nice job on the fish!!

fishtacosmmm
03-25-2009, 08:23 PM
Corona is fun
nice looking fish
cool report and pics

Stormcrow
03-26-2009, 07:55 AM
All fish caught on a single hook dipped in nitro gravy! No bait needed!

Nice Limit Man!

socalrippin
03-30-2009, 05:45 PM
wtg bang bang bang!!!

BanginBob
03-31-2009, 06:28 AM
BB on the wire:

It was a drag smokin day at Corona! The fish tacos made a feast for a king!

Another Bang! Bang! day is on the horizon with the news of lloyds coming back in the waters of SARL/Corona! Stay tuned