PDA

View Full Version : the legg lake report

smokinflies
03-23-2009, 07:22 PM
got to the lake around 11:30am on sunday. parked in the santa anita parking lot. while setting up my rod, i noticed a dark green pick up-truck. went to investigate and there he was, the dfg officer. he was chatting with one of the leggurars at the lake.

went up to meet the officer and let him know that his presence at legg lake is greatly appreciated by the local anglers that fish here, and i was happy to see my license fees at work. he was a little surprised at what i said. he told me that dfg there's not too many officers available, but assured me that they will be visiting/patrolling the city lakes more frequently this year.

with all the recent sightings of the dfg at the city lakes it seems that dfg is finally getting the message about all the illegal activities going on at the local lakes and is making an effort the resolve the problem.

if you see an officer, just take the time to introduce yourself, and let them know that appreciate them being at your local fishing hole.

i guess you could also complain about all the illegal fishing that's been going on, but i'm sure he knows because he's there.

joebass
03-23-2009, 07:37 PM
got to the lake around 11:30am on sunday. parked in the santa anita parking lot. while setting up my rod, i noticed a dark green pick up-truck. went to investigate and there he was, the dfg officer. he was chatting with one of the leggurars at the lake.

went up to meet the officer and let him know that his presence at legg lake is greatly appreciated by the local anglers that fish here, and i was happy to see my license fees at work. he was a little surprised at what i said. he told me that dfg there's not too many officers available, but assured me that they will be visiting/patrolling the city lakes more frequently this year.

with all the recent sightings of the dfg at the city lakes it seems that dfg is finally getting the message about all the illegal activities going on at the local lakes and is making an effort the resolve the problem.

if you see an officer, just take the time to introduce yourself, and let them know that appreciate them being at your local fishing hole.

i guess you could also complain about all the illegal fishing that's been going on, but i'm sure he knows because he's there.cool!where is legg lake?

shyliner 1
03-23-2009, 07:40 PM
Yea they pulled up at the Pudd to day,busted some guy snaggin shad.

Ifishtoolittle
03-23-2009, 09:33 PM
Where's the real report smoklinflies? LOL J/K nice to see the DFG doing something about the poachers.

richaaron
03-24-2009, 06:44 AM
Pretty sure that the Officer you met was Officer Nelson. He is a really cool guy. I talked to him at the Pudd a few weeks ago. He said he is gonna start cracking down at Legg as well as the other Lakes in his jurisdiction. I wish he could come over to our area. I heard a guy with no license poached a prego 4 lb. Bass and 3 good sized Crappie at Tri-City yesterday...

smokinflies
03-25-2009, 12:57 AM
Where's the real report smoklinflies? LOL J/K nice to see the DFG doing something about the poachers.

pm me if you want the real report.

basscatcher
03-25-2009, 07:29 AM

where were the shad if you don't mind me asking?

God Blesss

basscatcher

santaigo
03-25-2009, 10:13 PM

I'm srry to say this but thats sad who snaggs shad, man that guy desserved getting busted man what a fool...:ROFL: