PDA

View Full Version : Blythe questions

BassLady
03-23-2009, 06:31 PM
im going to be out in blythe next week for work for a fews days and i hope to get some bass fishing in. I used to grow up going there every summer as a kid but that was years ago and back that i was just fishing for anything dumb enough to bite my line.

I plan on being about 21miles north of the city at aha quinn and red rooster rd. Has anybody been out there recently? Hows the bite? Any suggestions as far a lures and such? Also hows the water been? Are the bass spawning yet??? Any info would be most appreciated. :Big Grin:

dodoman
03-23-2009, 06:57 PM
im going to be out in blythe next week for work for a fews days and i hope to get some bass fishing in. I used to grow up going there every summer as a kid but that was years ago and back that i was just fishing for anything dumb enough to bite my line.

I plan on being about 21miles north of the city at aha quinn and red rooster rd. Has anybody been out there recently? Hows the bite? Any suggestions as far a lures and such? Also hows the water been? Are the bass spawning yet??? Any info would be most appreciated. :Big Grin:
get with WAYNE,S TACKLE ON 8th AVE., in blythe.
he,s on the 8th and 95.
he,ll update you.

tell him, DODOMAN says thanks.

BassLady
03-23-2009, 07:01 PM
thats awesome thanks soooooo very much

deanhall32
03-24-2009, 07:28 AM
I have a place just south of Aha Quin ( Paradise Pt.) and have fished upriver but not recently. Just south of Red Rooster is a pump on the the California side that sticks out about 10 feet into the water. If you have a boat then tie up to one of the pile-ons and fish the deep fast-moving waters just around it for big cats and bass. You can fish it from shore and actually go out onto the pump if the havent fenced if off.

The opposite side ( Arizona side ) has rip-rap that holds bass close in. Drift with the current and throw lures of plastics downriver and retrieve against the current.

Good luck!!

BassLady
03-24-2009, 12:57 PM
thanks acutally i know the pump your talking about. I wont be on a boat :( but i used to fish off that pump when i was like 9. its just back then i never caught anything from it because i was snagging my line and lures on every thing you can imagine. But im glad to hear that there is bass there. I know of paradise pt but ive never actually been there so ill have to check it out. thanks so much for the info

Lightning
03-24-2009, 03:46 PM
Isn't that near the diversion dam? If so,I've heard that area can be good for a variety of fish.

deanhall32
03-24-2009, 06:57 PM
Diversion damn (weir) is about 10 miles south (downriver) from Aha Quin and is an excellent place to fish also. There are also a few fingers of rip rap that protrude out into the river just south of Twin Palms that produce alot of fish too. Last time I was there you could actually drive your car out onto those.

dodoman
03-24-2009, 07:25 PM
the canal from the deversion dam is LOADED with bass, carp, flat heads.
a.c. plug, yo!!

oh, and WAYNES TACKLE have live baits, such as gold fish, shinner, etc.
the river is allowed for live bait.
catch ya some gills, and use a 2 oz wieght.

Bird dog
03-27-2009, 12:15 PM
Does anyone know if Wayne's is owned by the same guy that had Wayne's in Norwalk before Sav-on bought it?

ScottS
04-14-2009, 10:26 PM
Does anyone know if Wayne's is owned by the same guy that had Wayne's in Norwalk before Sav-on bought it?

I would imagine it was bought by someone more local. It was B&B bait growing up and I understand that it was recently bought. My friend grew up fishing there as well and he knows whoever wayne is.
Ill find out though.