PDA

View Full Version : camping @ Four Jeffrey

ggboyx714
03-23-2009, 05:53 PM
Im planning to camp @ Four Jefferey during end of May but was curious on how cold the weather will be. If anyone has camped there during these months, please advise on the weather conditions. Thanks

Sierra_Smitty
03-23-2009, 06:08 PM
Im planning to camp @ Four Jefferey during end of May but was curious on how cold the weather will be. If anyone has camped there during these months, please advise on the weather conditions. Thanks

May can feel like January or it can feel like July. It's a good idea to be prepared for both extremes in weather....be prepared for shorts weather and snowy cold weather. It's "usually" nice but that doesn't mean a whole lot when you're freezing your butt off in a tent ya know?

Like they say in the boy scouts - be prepared.

By the way - the fishing kicks butt in any weather.

peace,
smitty
GM Parchers Resort (located 4 miles up from Four Jeffrey)

seal
03-23-2009, 07:10 PM
Camped there in May several times. More than once fished in snow or woke up to a camp covered in snow.

No telling what it will be like. If you stay a week, probably will get rain or snow, wind, cold, warm, possibly hot. But it's a great time of the year to go!

flytyingreloader
03-24-2009, 01:24 AM
What they said. Prep for temps from 20s to 70s, and have both raingear and sunblock.

fishslayer01
03-24-2009, 10:44 AM
I stayed at Four Jeffrey last Memorial weekend and it was a bit nippy...
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l44/fishslayer427/DSC00544.jpg
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l44/fishslayer427/DSC00558-1.jpg

ggboyx714
03-24-2009, 10:56 AM
Thanks for all the help. I will bring plenty of firewood, my long johns, shorts and of course, my fishing gear. Thanks again for all your input..tight lines!!!

flytyingreloader
03-24-2009, 08:12 PM
And tight lines to you as well. I spent June 2 last year at Silver Lake, getting snowed on and loving it. I C&R'd 20 fish per day for 3 days, and when that's happening I don't give a rat's aspirations what the weather is like. Same story in October--15* F when I launched the boat, and fish insisted on entertaining me. Who am I to disappoint them?

My thoughts when I was working--and nothing has changed since retirement. Time for fishing and hunting is PRECIOUS. After all the planning, waiting, anticipating, and expecting--I require a genuine safety concern to make me cancel or shorten a trip. Life is too short--and oppurtunities too scarce--to waste a chance to fish or hunt on mere discomfort. Adventure is what happens that you don't plan for--and overcome. WE ARE OUTDOORSMEN AND -WOMEN. Discomfort endured and ignored in pursuit of fish and game is what memories are made from.

Joshua
03-29-2009, 08:07 PM
I stayed at Four Jeffrey last Memorial weekend and it was a bit nippy...

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l44/fishslayer427/DSC00558-1.jpg
I was there as well. i was stayng in a trailer at Creekside RV. Yeah it snowed 2 of the 4 days. I am heading back for the 4 days before Memorial Day.
The weather is unpredictable. Asking the question is a good idea, but impossible to give a clear response.
I almost always wear shorts. Just need a good jacket But we went up to Lake Mary and it was snowing big time,. had to put on the pants.

YANKEES4LIFE
04-02-2009, 03:25 PM
i agree with everyone else just be prepared for anything! i go up to bishop every year for my dad's b-day weekend Usually just june 23-25 but this year i think were going a week later. but anyways yeah just be prepared!

E