PDA

View Full Version : bass

socalfishingdave
03-23-2009, 05:37 PM
does anyone know wherei can buy live bass? im wanting to stock the local ponds with some bass. if anyone out there no where i can get any size bass let me know thanks...

kissthecrook
03-23-2009, 07:02 PM
Dunno if it is legal,
unless ya own the pond.

Frenchy
03-23-2009, 07:02 PM
99 ranch market live lmb carp catfish oooooo and mr stripey

pm for directions

goodguy
03-24-2009, 08:02 AM
does anyone know wherei can buy live bass? im wanting to stock the local ponds with some bass. if anyone out there no where i can get any size bass let me know thanks...

It's illegal to stock a pond that you don't own... HUGE fines if you get caught!

richaaron
03-24-2009, 08:25 AM
It's illegal to stock a pond that you don't own... HUGE fines if you get caught!

Hey, what's up buddy..? How are thing's? Haven't seen you in a while. Remember Joseph, (Byte24/7)? He was at Tri-City yesterday. You wouldn't even recognize him. His hair is all long now...

crystalmath79
03-24-2009, 09:11 AM
99 ranch market on Artesia Blvd/Pioneer Blvd sells black bass.

RUSSO
03-24-2009, 10:02 AM
The asian super market on brookhurst and westminster has live LMB, I dont know how it works if you want to keep them alive, but they have them there.

socalfishingdave
03-24-2009, 10:36 AM
in riverside

socalfishingdave
03-24-2009, 10:44 AM
hey we need to keep our local water ways with some bass. i dont know who plants bass or if they even do. im gonna try. if no one tells thats great. im doing this for all of us anglers.

goodguy
03-24-2009, 11:12 AM
hey we need to keep our local water ways with some bass. i dont know who plants bass or if they even do. im gonna try. if no one tells thats great. im doing this for all of us anglers.

Although it's a cool idea to take it upon yourself to plant fish... If by chance one of these fish you buy at one of these places has some kind of infection or disease you could destroy an entire lake's population... This is one of the main reasons that it is illegal. I understand your heart is in the right place... It's just risky for both you and the lake you are planting... I wouldn't risk my wallet personally... Good luck!

socalfishingdave
03-24-2009, 11:51 AM
your right.. i dont wanna screwthe whole lake...does anyone know if they stock bass from DFG?

joebass
03-24-2009, 11:59 AM
Although it's a cool idea to take it upon yourself to plant fish... If by chance one of these fish you buy at one of these places has some kind of infection or disease you could destroy an entire lake's population... This is one of the main reasons that it is illegal. I understand your heart is in the right place... It's just risky for both you and the lake you are planting... I wouldn't risk my wallet personally... Good luck!

very well put.they'd be gone in no time anyways.poachers all over.

Ifishtoolittle
03-24-2009, 05:32 PM
I wouldn't purchase live bass from the Asian supermarket for several reasons. One because most of them are really sick and two I think it's anotehr variation of LMB. They're not your Florida Hybrids.

lurk 182
03-24-2009, 06:25 PM
you need to look for agricultural supply companies/ seed and feed stores that supply farms, wineries, golf courses. you can get bass fry pretty cheap, lots of people have farm ponds, jusk google farm pond bass fry. go get em, nobody will see you put em in.

DKCbassman
03-25-2009, 04:11 PM
for over 5 years in our local lakes. It is illegal, but I'm smart and keep it on the low. I do recall private stocks charging $150.00 for 200 10-12" Largiez. Just make sure you do some basics..... Provide food for the Bass, provide cover for the bait. If you just plant a bunch of Largiez without an adequate food chain, you will end up with skinny, sick looking fish.

PM if you have questions.

PUDD MASTER BAITER
03-26-2009, 07:47 AM
The dfg monitors this web site all the time .ive seen them come on here, and light people up. If theres no bass ,in a local body of water ,theres a good reason.this is what every ones told me. A new lake lake perris in the early 70's. It was orginally a spotted bass fishery. Some bass guys thinking ,they would improve the fishing,by putting florida strain lmb ,caught from other local bodys ,of water,would be a good thing. These guys had no idea of, the impact this would have on the spotties .they soon could not compete ,with the lmbs ,and soon dwendeled in numbers . There are now no sighs of them at perris. Thats what happens when we decide to make things better,or so we thought so.not putting you down .ive gone by bodys of water ,and wished i could catch bass from there. Like the channels by the 60fwy and 605fwy where i grew up.i had an idea to catch lmbs at the pudd ,and just dump them in there. That was when i was a young pup ,till i talked to a dfg guy, who i was friends with at the pudd.in the 70,s.he said you dont even want to know the fine for doing it. God bless, and peace out ...mike the pmb....

lurk 182
03-26-2009, 01:21 PM
actually, i believe state law requires the owners of stagnant water ponds to stock those bodies of water with fish that will eat insect larvae that will otherwise reproduce in that stagnant water. now trespassing and littering bass fry while you're doing it is a different matter. ask any golf course superintendant.