PDA

View Full Version : fairmount fishies

BassLady
03-23-2009, 03:05 PM
Alright fellas so im new to the boards but im hoping you guys can help me out. Ive recently been fishing Fairmount due to the fact that im broke and its really close to where I live. Ive heard that the fishing is really tough there but ive heard some stories of people catching good sized bass outta there as well. I have seen some people catch some in the 2-3lb range but I havent even had so much as a bite. I have bad vision and with the water clairty im having a hard time seeing beds though I heard the fish are already spawning.

Basically i was wondering if you guys could give me any tips as to spots youve found or any structure that you know of ( ie tree branches, ledges, lawn chairs jk :Smile:) as far as what kind of baits you guys have found to work out well. Also ive mainly been fishing Evans so i was wonder about fairmount and brown lake too. Ive mainly been drop shottin worms and workin em real slow and ive messed around a little bit with a senko. If you have any tips on worm colors and sizes youve used that would also be much apreciated. Ive been throwing aarons magic and some oxblood. Ive been told also that its kinda waste of time to use a crank bait or jerk bait because the lake is too shallow. Anyhoo im not the best angler but im decent but know i still have alot to learn:Razz: so if ya could help me out that would be really really cool

Also i know this isnt the place for it really but yea im happy to hear that DFG rolled through there issuing citations. I noticed alot less people out there on Sat. So yay and thank you to the people who helped make that happen. happy fishing everyone and maybe ill see you out there, dont be afraid to stop and say hello :Smile:

joebass
03-23-2009, 03:29 PM
bass lady.where do u fish at the lake?i heard it is good at the bride.i fish by the tank.during catfish season i catch alot there.ive caught a few bass at the turn out across from the golf corse just by thoring a plastic worm 2-3 feet out and walking along the water twitching it.do you go there every day.i will be there tommorow and if i see ya ill say hi.good luck.

fisherman9
03-23-2009, 03:42 PM
I've never fished there before, but if your fishing beds i'd recomend using jigs with a trailer, or some plastics imitating a crawdad or lizard, my personal preference is texas rigging em'.

BassLady
03-23-2009, 03:43 PM
Sorry im such a newbie to the lake i dont know what you mean by tank:Confused: Ive been fishing by that tree that all by itself as well as in those 2 little coves. Ive walked down the dock looking for sight fish but i cant see any, i need polarized glasses. Ive also tried my luck along the shore near the rose garden and near the smaller island of trees.

Im not there everyday, but i go as often as i can. I may be going out tomorrow depending on the weather and im usually there in the late afternoon after work. But id say im there on a weekly basis.

Fishing fairmount has been tough because its the first time id had to figure it out on my own. In the past ive fished with people that already knew the lake and so i was helped out in that aspect. Im used to fishing DVL and Perris but i dont have the money too or a boat and I dont like shore fishing at those bigger lakes. But if i decide to go out tomorrow ill see you, ill probably be the only female out there with a rod lol

joebass
03-23-2009, 04:53 PM
i think ive seen ya there about a week ago at that tree across from the little pond.the tank is across the lake from the rose garden.it is a old army tank.you can also see it from the long pier down from the lonely tree.dont u have long brown hair.see ya tommorrow? lol

socalfishingdave
03-23-2009, 05:32 PM
basslady i have also been trying out there at fairmount. i live close too i have been using jigs and plastic worms no luck yet. i might be out there tomorrow. i always go to the lake by the golf course.

BassLady
03-23-2009, 06:17 PM
lol when you say tank for some reason i think water tank not military tank lol im a dummy. and yea i have long brown hair and glasses

thanks for your suggestions and ill most likely be out there tomorrow wish me luck:Big Grin:

joebass
03-24-2009, 06:23 PM
lol when you say tank for some reason i think water tank not military tank lol im a dummy. and yea i have long brown hair and glasses

thanks for your suggestions and ill most likely be out there tomorrow wish me luck:Big Grin: did u get to fish today (tue) sent u an e-mail

BassLady
03-24-2009, 08:53 PM
lol of course not. I didnt get to fish the tank there were sooo many people on it. I swear you gotta get there at like 6am to get a spot. My cousin took her kids down to the park after i left and were talkin to some of the guys at the tank and they told her that they caught bass. i think im just going to have to elbow my way in there

Fairmount was really nice today, water was unusually clear and green. Weather was warm with a nice breeze but still no bass for me. But i am dertermined, its going to be warm this week and no clouds so i may have to head out a few more times if i get the chance. Ill let ya guys know if i finally get bit :)