PDA

View Full Version : Are CRAWDADS allowed or effective in local lakes-Castaic?

sidified
03-23-2009, 03:04 PM
Do they even rank as striper candy?

I don't hear anything about their use so I'm wondering--

Thanks,
Sid

Frenchy
03-23-2009, 07:01 PM
no longer can u sue thm there but yes they work great for both lmb and stripeys well mayb not so much striper only caught 2 stripers pn thm both big 18 and 11

TroutOnly
03-23-2009, 08:38 PM
THE STRIPERS AT PYRAMID EAT THE CRAP OUT OF THEM DURING THE HOTTER MONTHS, IVE CLAEANED MANY A STRIPER OUT OF THERE WITH CRAWDADS FILLING THERE BELLIES,,,t/o,,,,,CHECK THE CURRENT REGS SID TO BE SURE,,,IVE SLAYED BIG TIME ON THE BASS WITH THEM WHEN I WAS A LITTLE YOUNGER,,,

bblbasser
03-23-2009, 09:11 PM
guys like Bob Crupi and Danny Kadota used to catch BIG BASS on em there at castaic in the good ol' days. I think of the top 20 largest bass caught in CA most of em fell to crawdads with guys like Crupi and Kadota double anchoring on spots. Where'd you get your info that they aren't allowed anymore at castaic? I know Casitas banned em when they panniced over the quagga deal. Rod Thigpen still advertises on his website that he'll teach you how to crawdad fish at Castaic. I think you might be mistaken. Scott

tpfishnfool
03-23-2009, 09:26 PM
Ah , the dad and Water Dog days ,, Good times .. Welcome to Califu#&ina !!

lurk 182
03-24-2009, 06:29 PM
effective, yes. allowed, maybe not, quagga deal, strictly prohibido at casitas, probably most lakes that are doing inspections would/should not allow them. can't be sure where they come from.

mrjonez
03-25-2009, 10:08 AM
man, i used to love fishing the east launch ramp with a bucket of crawdads.