PDA

View Full Version : Gail Force LA Harbor Report

oceanfishing
06-15-2007, 01:10 PM
I went out on the Gail Force out of LA Harbor yesterday and I got to say the Captain and the crew were great. They worked hard for the fish we got, lots of Bass and some Sheepshead. It was the first time on a Party Boat for me in over 10 years, but it was a very limited load so there was lots of room.

We hit about 6 or 8 spots at Catalina Island and hit one last spot on the way out. The last spot looked fishie and one of the guys puts on some squid and bang!! Fish On.. 20 ,minutes later he lands a 40-pound White Sea Bass. We ended with 4 WSB I think 1 at 40-pounds, 2 at 35 to 38-pounds and one at 8-pounds. Not bad for the last stop. Pic will be in WON next week I think.

The boat is not the Polaris, but worth the money you pay, I would go again.

npdes
06-15-2007, 02:03 PM
Nice report, glad to see you had a good experience. Maybe next time you can get the 40lb WSB.

JapanRon
06-15-2007, 03:13 PM
Hi oceanfishing,

Great to hear of trip pulled ..... well ..... WSB-wise anyway .... out of the fire. Needless to say .... a trip to CAT is almost worth the trip itself .... and the variety of fishys ...... awesome! WTO on the variety too.

Also good to hear of a skipper and crew satisfying their patrons. It's getting to a point that ..... if the skipper and crew are top notch and straight-shooters ... the boat slow, pitching, or a little cramped .... itself goes wayyyyyyy down on the priority list!

Thanks for the report,

JapanRon