PDA

View Full Version : Penn Jigmaster/Slammer rod combo

GARYC
03-23-2009, 09:01 AM
Just picked this combo up a Bass Pro Shops (Ca.) This weekend for $79 !
Just wondering if anyone else have either of reel or rod. My question of the rod is the bottom foam handle piece on yours Black Plastic?
Is there a site to get the owner's manual for the reel? I have only found the parts list.
Thanks,

deanhall32
03-23-2009, 10:44 AM
Ricky Ray would be a good person to send a private message to regarding this matter!!!

ghetto dad
03-23-2009, 10:54 AM
Just picked this combo up a Bass Pro Shops (Ca.) This weekend for $79 !
Just wondering if anyone else have either of reel or rod. My question of the rod is the bottom foam handle piece on yours Black Plastic?
Is there a site to get the owner's manual for the reel? I have only found the parts list.
Thanks,

u lost me on that one
jigmasters are great reels, and very easy to maintain

GD

GARYC
03-23-2009, 11:29 AM
the very end of the handle (where the foam) is plastic. And mine appears to be able to rotate. Most end of the handles are steel. I'm wondering if all are like this.

Ricky-Ray
03-23-2009, 12:10 PM
Here's what I was able to find. http://www.scottsbt.com/catalog/store/images/pennparts/manuals/505hs_506hs_500l_m_501l.pdf

As for the Slammer rod yes on some of the rods at the very bottom there's a black plastic cap and it's designed to rotate freely. On some of the higher end Slammer rods there's a gimbal installed on the rod to make it easier for some of the fighting belts. If a gimbal was not installed then they just put a black cap on it as a cover.

GARYC
03-23-2009, 01:12 PM
Aww, perfect! Thanks alot. I've been google searching alot today!