PDA

View Full Version : Spring Time Carp'n

carpinator
03-22-2009, 09:41 PM
Finally, the sun is shinning, and the water is warming up at the backyard hole, and for the first time since last fall i saw fish breaking the surface. It rained this AM, but then the sky cleared and it turned out to be a spectacular day. I finally saw fish cruising in the shallows and this means feeding time and spring time spawning. Picked this one up after about thirty minutes of swinging at box turtle bites, not to big but not to small, Oh ya I'm gonna try landing a 25lb carp on 2lb test in four minutes, I have my doubts but ya never know:???
http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo353/carpinator_photos/S5000148.jpghttp://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo353/carpinator_photos/S5000147.jpg

Liteliner
03-22-2009, 09:57 PM
Nice job man. I too am a liteline carp fisher. Its the most awesome test of fight and skill especially if you stalk the carp and get it to bite. I do love spring time carp fishing..... Thanks for the report and post up if you ever land that 25 lber on 2 pound in 4 minutes. That would be a feat. I've gotten one over 30 on 2 pound test but that took me about 25 minutes or so. Good luck.

carpinator
03-22-2009, 10:47 PM
Nice job man. I too am a liteline carp fisher. Its the most awesome test of fight and skill especially if you stalk the carp and get it to bite. I do love spring time carp fishing..... Thanks for the report and post up if you ever land that 25 lber on 2 pound in 4 minutes. That would be a feat. I've gotten one over 30 on 2 pound test but that took me about 25 minutes or so. Good luck.
Your right, that would would be a feat, Noobiesrule says he's done it, so if one man can do it, than it can be repeated or even bested.

Fishingmonkee
03-22-2009, 11:03 PM
what are you guys using for bait if you dont mind me asking?

carpinator
03-23-2009, 12:00 AM
what are you guys using for bait if you dont mind me asking?

WONDERBREAD LACED WITH PRO CURE CARP SPIT:Secret:

jayfish0084
03-23-2009, 12:35 AM
nice fish. Way to start the season off

TShaffer
03-23-2009, 04:11 PM
I guess I'll give wonderbread a try. I usually go with corn.

megafisher94
03-23-2009, 04:22 PM
streeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetchy post

crystalmath79
03-23-2009, 06:07 PM
Nice Goldfish! Do you use a treble or single hook? I've been meaning to target carp since they're in every lake and they grow to be ginormous.

jlgarciaiii22
03-23-2009, 06:34 PM
what are you guys using for bait if you dont mind me asking? From the looks of the brown slime in the corner of the lake.... I would say Human Crap! That water looks like a sewage plant!!!!!

carpinator
03-23-2009, 10:43 PM
From the looks of the brown slime in the corner of the lake.... I would say Human Crap! That water looks like a sewage plant!!!!!

That brown stuff is actually thousands of pinetree pollen pods that fall off during spring when it gets windy, that water is city water not reclaimed, as far as the trash goes i try to clean up as much as i can, but there's always going to some idiot who treats the place like a toilet. Sounds like a good idea, you should **** on a hook sometime and see what you can catch.