PDA

View Full Version : Friday evening session

KaliDawgFan
03-22-2009, 04:13 PM
Bullets calls me up at work Friday afternoon asking if I wanted to do a night session at SARL. Since Saturday was work day, and Sunday was rain/wind day I said why not. I don't get off of work until 5 pm, but I got home rather quick. We entered the lake around 6 pm, and all of the "good spots" were already taken. We found a spot by the boat dock that looked like fishy. There were definately plenty of fish around there. Bluegill kept tapping at Bullets' N/C until the sun went down. There were also a lot of jumping carp in the vicinity. I went for trout and cats while Bullets was focusing mainly on the cats. I started off with plastics and inflated N/C, and Bullets has N/C on both. After no love on either of my poles I pulled in the plastic pole and started throwing out various trout and bass lures to see if anything was around. I hooked into a rug...yes a rug...pretty close to shore. I had my water-proof boots on, and the water was shallow enough for me to walk out and get my lure back. All the while Bullets' poles are getting nibbled on by bluegill. As he's reeling in to check his bait he notices that there is a fish on the other end. The stripe was off his back for the day. He later landed another one around the same size.

http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc135/kalidawgfan/SARL/GEDC0156.jpg

I wasn't able to buy a bite. No matter what I threw out (N/C, plastics, lures, powerbait, everything) I couldn't get anything. Finally, after the sun was already down, I see a little bit of movement on a pole. The wind was blowing a tad, but you can tell the difference between the wind and a fish. Sure enough it was a trout. It probably only weighed 14 oz or so, but the skunk was off my back as well.

http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc135/kalidawgfan/SARL/GEDC0158.jpg

That was it. Bullets and I packed up and headed back at around 9:30 pm. It was pretty chilly that night, and the bite seemed to be elsewhere. Still, it beats sitting at home doing nothing.

troutdog
03-22-2009, 04:45 PM
The bluegill are never safe when Bullets hits the water, thanks for the report Kalidawg...what did you do with the rug?

TD

THE MEXI-CAN!!!!
03-22-2009, 04:46 PM
thats funny i was in the same exact spot earlier in the day and was nailin them all day long with a 4 pounder to top it off!!!! inflated crawler w a white egg (power mouse) w sum garlic bang was my ticket and even lost a big one didnt get to see it but took line for bout 15 good seconds and broke it... too bad!!!!!

Eat Sleep Fish
03-22-2009, 05:53 PM
keep in mind friday was HEAVILY fished during the day because of all the big boys that came out of their on thursday.

boxl0bster
03-22-2009, 11:19 PM
nice try guys, at least you punked the skunk.

Seng90806
03-23-2009, 12:35 AM
i was there trolling for about 5 hours and not even a bite...why do i keep going back? you guys at least caught something...WTG!!!

BingJr
03-23-2009, 03:25 PM
Way to stick it out Team BK. You are certainly more dedicated men than I! Good to know that spot was killing em just before you got there! :Smile:

fisherbabe
03-23-2009, 03:29 PM
Nice report... I was there that night too and there wasnt much action.

Mondo21
03-23-2009, 05:07 PM
Nice going out there. Way to punk the skunk! Thanks for the pics and report. Cindy:Smile:

yamafish
03-24-2009, 05:58 AM
Nice report!
Hooked a rug? Wow...... :EyePop:

YamaFish

CASTAWAY
03-24-2009, 07:20 AM
Looks like it's Blue Gills time @ SARL..lol....

Thanks for the report...