PDA

View Full Version : PIRU slabaronies

Fishthewhaler
03-22-2009, 11:57 AM
Ralph and I teamed up again for a day at the RUUU. Conditions were so so, water chocalate milky, and still low. Lady at the gate says trout plants for the past seven weeks, but we are exploring for some slabs. Our first spot we try, same place we got em last year. Ralph casts backsashes gets pissed. I start fishing shalllow, Ralph untangles his crap and recasts...BAM!...Fat crappie..Boat next to us seemed to have a near limit. He was pickin away at em. Looked like it was a morning bite cause it slowed down for all. I casted out mini jig white to the weeds. Slow crank and BAM!! These were some big fish. Busted my 2 lb floro like nothing, and it was new line, and yes my drag was set for 2#line. Anyways, I was pissed my firsr crapster and she rocked my world. We fished there for a couple crapsters , a nice red ear for Ralph, and a trout there for me. We moved out after the bite died and trolled for a few more trout. Ended the day at 4:20pm when it was time to go!!! I heard friday the bite was WFO but not on Sat. I will check back and repost. Exact locale PM only! I'm sure some of you can figure it out. Peace

CharlieB
03-22-2009, 12:03 PM
Nice going. you guys needed me there to get the bite going. I told you I have a few honey holes up there..... I need to get my crappie slay on. when is the next trip??????? I am there. time to either take a look down south or to our Spot up north. let me know.

Fishthewhaler
03-22-2009, 12:07 PM
Nice going. you guys needed me there to get the bite going. I told you I have a few honey holes up there..... I need to get my crappie slay on. when is the next trip??????? I am there. time to either take a look down south or to our Spot up north. let me know.

I thought you were gonna take the whaler today??

Fishthewhaler
03-22-2009, 12:21 PM
We need to make monday our fishing day.. All lakes are empty, you're off, and I don't work till 7pm. Lets start teaming up while the bite is building.. You're the one who put me on my first slabs

Eat Sleep Fish
03-22-2009, 12:23 PM
good lookin slabies

crappiemike
03-22-2009, 12:46 PM
good job on the mixed catch!! thnx for the report and pics...

cm

craznazn
03-22-2009, 07:20 PM
Nice....thanks for the report!