PDA

View Full Version : Bass & Crappie!!!

fishboy93
03-22-2009, 10:23 AM
Went to the Vine yesterday with my dad.. Got there at about 6:45 because my dad said there was no rush to get there. Well when we got there they were STILL letting people in. I haven't seen this place packed with so many people in a while. Well i guess everyone heard about the NEW lake rcord of 22.6lbs. trout. Welll i really didnt care becasue i went to fish for bass. Got the gear and headed down to the boat dock. Left the at about 7:15 and still saw people coming to the dock. Anyways left the dock and in a matter of maybe 5 minutes my dad goes, "OH YEAH" so i turn around and hes already hooked up. About a nice 2lb. bass. Made our way to Sierra Cove. We went all the way to the back and fished from the shore. We tried the area and couldnt get bit. Then my said this was his last cast. Next to the boat he hooks up and brings it in and then he tells me look theres a follower. I could tell it was the female because it was much larger than the male my dad had. So i pitched my jig next to her mouth and jerked it a lil. HSe grabs that thing and takes off. I fishing 8lb test and the fish is about 41/2 to 5lbs. Got her up and she was a beauty. Stayed in the cove and we ended up getting about 4 more bass a piece. It was good fishing. THen my dad wanted to try for some crappie. SO i said sure. Went to this lil spot where he used to fish for crappie when he was younger. We got there and the crappie fishing went STUPID! We easily had 20+ fish for each of us. Yeasterday was a GOOD day of fishing.
Well heres the fish count:
Bass:10
Trout:1
Blue Gill:1
Crappie: 40+
Both the blugill and trout were caught while fishing for crappie.
Sorry theres no pics its that my dad forgot the camera in the car and its a long repot.

Mondo21
03-22-2009, 10:53 AM
Sounds like a great day! Thanks for the report. Cindy:Smile:

Eat Sleep Fish
03-22-2009, 12:21 PM
Went to the Vine yesterday with my dad.. Got there at about 6:45 because my dad said there was no rush to get there. Well when we got there they were STILL letting people in. I haven't seen this place packed with so many people in a while. Well i guess everyone heard about the NEW lake rcord of 22.6lbs. trout. Welll i really didnt care becasue i went to fish for bass. Got the gear and headed down to the boat dock. Left the at about 7:15 and still saw people coming to the dock. Anyways left the dock and in a matter of maybe 5 minutes my dad goes, "OH YEAH" so i turn around and hes already hooked up. About a nice 2lb. bass. Made our way to Sierra Cove. We went all the way to the back and fished from the shore. We tried the area and couldnt get bit. Then my said this was his last cast. Next to the boat he hooks up and brings it in and then he tells me look theres a follower. I could tell it was the female because it was much larger than the male my dad had. So i pitched my jig next to her mouth and jerked it a lil. HSe grabs that thing and takes off. I fishing 8lb test and the fish is about 41/2 to 5lbs. Got her up and she was a beauty. Stayed in the cove and we ended up getting about 4 more bass a piece. It was good fishing. THen my dad wanted to try for some crappie. SO i said sure. Went to this lil spot where he used to fish for crappie when he was younger. We got there and the crappie fishing went STUPID! We easily had 20+ fish for each of us. Yeasterday was a GOOD day of fishing.
Well heres the fish count:
Bass:10
Trout:1
Blue Gill:1
Crappie: 40+
Both the blugill and trout were caught while fishing for crappie.
Sorry theres no pics its that my dad forgot the camera in the car and its a long repot.

...one hell of a fish count. nicely done!

bassassassin
03-22-2009, 01:06 PM
i was the guy in the rental boat we watched your dad catch that fish right next to the boat and then then those guys rolled up on your spot in that huge boat and anchored

mark_31
03-24-2009, 05:42 PM
where is a good spot to catch crappie never caught one before and it would be nice to finally catch one.

troutdog
03-24-2009, 08:25 PM
That must have been a lot of fun hooking up on all those slabs, congrats on a great day of catching out on the water.

TD

fishboy93
03-25-2009, 03:20 PM
yeah it was a great day. the crappie were hitting everything. it didnt matter.

crappiemike
03-25-2009, 10:00 PM
thnx for the report and pics, catch and release during spawning is the way to go!!

nice catch you guys,,,

cm

Seng90806
03-25-2009, 10:55 PM
40+ crappies? man i got see this myself...CM bring out the light man its about that time again

crappie stalker
03-26-2009, 10:46 AM
Top of the list... 40+ crappies yyeahh baby.. thats it!! LOL

Good report onthe Vine..

CS