PDA

View Full Version : NPH DS Session Part 2 3/21

HESBROS
03-21-2009, 11:15 PM
Went to NPH after work again today. Arrived my normal area at 1830 and got the drop shot rig set up. Ended the night at 2130 with 3 spotties. The DS thing is starting to get addictive.....Heres a few pics.

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm172/ehesbol/IMG_1549.jpg

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm172/ehesbol/IMG_1550.jpg

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm172/ehesbol/IMG_1551.jpg

Late Eddie

calico killer kevin
03-22-2009, 12:21 AM
Nice spots! My post is coming up toMorrow.

Santa Fe Eric
03-22-2009, 11:39 AM
You got that drop shot thang down!

Great Pics! I love the spotties!

fatherof5
03-22-2009, 01:46 PM
Thanks for the fotos and report. Are you working you lures in fast or slow, or what???

HESBROS
03-22-2009, 05:16 PM
Thanks for the fotos and report. Are you working you lures in fast or slow, or what???

Sloooowwwwwwww..........Of course with the DS you "Wiggle" the tip of your rod.

fishmounter
03-22-2009, 05:46 PM
Nice! But man don't put your reel down on the sand!

TShaffer
03-22-2009, 05:48 PM
Ughhh...sandy reels...I hate it when my reels get sandy. The sound is horrible. Luckly, I've only had that happen a couple times. Nice job on the spotties.

flyngby
03-22-2009, 05:57 PM
Eddie

So with the D/S thing do you wiggle the tip Up & Down or Side to Side?:Embarrassed:

Any help catching those Spotties would be appreciated!! Could you send me a PM Sir!!!!

Steve

Wingnut
03-22-2009, 06:19 PM
Oh tell me dropshotting Yoda Eddie, when you say slowwww... do you mean slow as in snail's speed, or slow as in turtle's speed? :ROFL:
You ARE hooked! Nicely done once again. :Wink:

I wake up this morning at 5:00am and looked out the window and it was pouring rain... went back to bed and woke up to beautiful skies. :Neutral:

flyngby
03-22-2009, 06:38 PM
Oh tell me dropshotting Yoda Eddie, when you say slowwww... do you mean slow as in snail's speed, or slow as in turtle's speed? :ROFL:

I wake up this morning at 5:00am and looked out the window and it was pouring rain... went back to bed and woke up to beautiful skies. :Neutral:

Arthur,

I bet you are kicking yourself in the butt that you did not go!! OHHHH!!! That probably would not have felt good after last weekend!!:ROFL:

Eddie

So with the D/S thing do you wiggle the tip Up & Down or Side to Side?:Embarrassed:

Any help catching those Spotties would be appreciated!! Could you send me a PM Sir!!!!

Steve

So Eddie what is it??????

I want to see if Arthur miss led me to get the advantage when we fish together!!!!:Wink:

HESBROS
03-22-2009, 11:11 PM
Nice! But man don't put your reel down on the sand!

I know the outcome. It is hard to tell, but the handle supports the reel and spool from touching the sand........and they are my "Fun" harbor reels. Thanks for the advice.

HESBROS
03-22-2009, 11:13 PM
Eddie

Steve

Shush you! And "wiggle" came from lack of better word! And I sent you a PM, bout going to catch Cali's in Dana Point Tue so get your game face on! April 4th is right around the corner!

HESBROS
03-22-2009, 11:14 PM

I would say about the same speed that Steve's rod sank to the bottom in NPH!

bones
03-23-2009, 08:04 PM
Great job Eddie!
Yeah....I gotta admit that when I applied all of my years of dropshotting for LMB in the freshwater to the saltwater enviroment......I fell in love with surf fishing all over again. It is a VERY reliable way to target so many species and slow it down. I don't know about you but I think I actually focus and relax more when I'm dropshotting. The dropshot is so easily adaptable. Everything from being able to switch up baits/colors in a flash to experimenting with the length of your tag end for depth.
Thanks for the report and tight lines always!

HESBROS
03-24-2009, 03:03 AM
Great job Eddie!
Yeah....I gotta admit that when I applied all of my years of dropshotting for LMB in the freshwater to the saltwater enviroment......I fell in love with surf fishing all over again. It is a VERY reliable way to target so many species and slow it down. I don't know about you but I think I actually focus and relax more when I'm dropshotting. The dropshot is so easily adaptable. Everything from being able to switch up baits/colors in a flash to experimenting with the length of your tag end for depth.
Thanks for the report and tight lines always!

Well, today (Tue) will be the big test. Steve and I will be prefishing Dana Point for our April 4th SWBA event and I am going to try DS for big Cali's! Maybe even the big flatties that are down there......got some bigger tackle to do it with. We will see how it works.

klocked
03-24-2009, 07:32 PM
Nicely done Eddie!

I think it's a combo of both snail and turtle... turtle speed raising the tip and snail speed lowering the tip...