PDA

View Full Version : Great Day at the Vine for the kids!!

VineAssist
03-21-2009, 06:01 PM
Today was another great day at the Vine.Once again some big fish made their way to the scales but it was the kids today reeling in the big boys. A couple of big fish where taken from the main lake and also one from the lagoon.

Big fish of the day went to little Hunter Pitts, 3yrs old, of Orange with his monster 10.1 Rainbow that ate a Kastmaster fished in Boat Dock Cove while fishing with his father. Assisting Hunter in the handling duties is his father.
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o24/irvinelake/HunterPitts101Kastmaster.jpg
Next up to the scales was Antonio Mazzarini of Aliso Veijo with his 6.03 Rainbow that was taken from the LAGOON while fishing a all white power mouse. Antonio was fishing with his father when the big bow bit. To my knowledge this is the largest Trout taken from the Lagoon this year.
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o24/irvinelake/AntonioMazzarini63.jpg

Proving that the warmer weather is picking up the warmwater species (catfish, bass, crappie, and bluegill.) James Martinez of Pico Rivera fished the Lagoon with a jig and pulled the trigger on this 3.5 Channel Catfish. James fought the kittie for about 10minutes on the jig rod. Great job James.
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o24/irvinelake/JamesMartinez305-1.jpg

The bass fishing just keeps getting better and better with more quality fish coming to the scales or being reported by the bass fisherman. Donny Spencer, local bass legend, and Brian Yahmanhe, research and development at Diawa, hit the lake today and found the action to be pretty good. They landed about 15 to 20 fish all the way up to the 7 lb range while fishing a variety of methods. Donny releated "We caught our fish in anywhere from 5ft to 20ft of water. We got them flippin, carolina rigging, texas riggin and drophotting. Bryan got a couple of bites on the hard jerkbait that just did not stick. We caught our biggest fish a 7.5lb fish deeper on a Carolina rig." Pictured below is Donny with two of the better grade fish.
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o24/irvinelake/DonSpencer70-1.jpg

Just a reimnder guys we have the Sports Chalet Tournament coming up here on April 4th and the April Fools Tournament on April 5th, the April 5th Tournament is the last chance to get into the Masters. Good luck and tight lines eveyone.
Jimmy

Mondo21
03-22-2009, 11:00 AM
Nice looking fish. Thanks for the report Jimmy. Cindy:Smile:

Eat Sleep Fish
03-22-2009, 12:20 PM
too bad i aint a kid LOL

troutdog
03-22-2009, 12:24 PM
Jimmy you obviously did not pass "photobucket101", thanks for the report and the effort though:Wink:

TD

VineAssist
03-22-2009, 04:06 PM
Jimmy you obviously did not pass "photobucket101", thanks for the report and the effort though:Wink:

TD
Stupid picture is rotated on my screen not when I entered it into photobucket. I did however pass "How not to catch a Carp on a buddies rod 101!!!" So Carpman when are we going to see you out here fishing them minnows. Oh I forgot your still worring about the boys in blue and Mannys bum hammy!

mobilereef
03-22-2009, 04:11 PM
hey jimmy...what needs to happen to get in the april 4th tournament...anything different?

VineAssist
03-22-2009, 04:15 PM
Just show up... The April 4th tourny is being run by sports chalet but sign ups are at the lake the morning of.. Should be a great day on the water. Good luck out there guys.

Chris is the SS Mobilereef going to make an appearance from dry dock for this one????? If we go out fishing man we can take my rig!

mobilereef
03-22-2009, 04:24 PM
Its the SS Bathtub...! I can go any time this week if you just give me a day notice. Talk to ya soon, call me.

troutdog
03-22-2009, 04:31 PM
Stupid picture is rotated on my screen not when I entered it into photobucket. I did however pass "How not to catch a Carp on a buddies rod 101!!!" So Carpman when are we going to see you out here fishing them minnows. Oh I forgot your still worring about the boys in blue and Mannys bum hammy!

What about the "pictures" of Hunter Pitts with his monster 10.1 Rainbow or the 3.5lb kitty James Martinez caught? I'll even show you how to rotate that pic when I come down and fish the 2 tanks of "minnows" you stocked last week :Wink:

As far as Manny and his hammy, I think you should just worry about the Disney boyz with grampa Vladdy and his great Uncle Abreu who is supposed to protect him in the lineup :ROFL:

TD