PDA

View Full Version : glazed doughnut bacon egg cheeseburgers

Oz
03-21-2009, 04:48 PM
http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/1484/20081104doughnutburger.jpg

Ingredients
Two glazed donuts per patty
One egg per patty, fried, as a burger topping (note: for egg-in-a-hat style you'll need to carve out some extra space in the doughnut, but it fries pretty well)
Two pieces bacon per patty

Maple Syrup (1/2 cup per pound beef)
Kosher Salt (approx 1 tablespoon per pound beef)
Fresh Basil (1/2 cup per pound beef)
Worcestershire sauce, to taste
Red pepper flakes, to taste
Full egg (1 per pound beef); this will be mixed in with the beef,
not fried as the egg above

Procedure
1. Mix all together with beef to form patties. I was in a rush to get all this done in the lunch hour, but when I make burgers normally I also try to save some kosher salt to coat the outside of the burger, so that it will form a crispy / salty crust (I say crust, but it's barely noticeable—I do it more for the idea, I think) on the outside.

2. For the doughnuts, I shaved off the top part of each doughnut to allow for an easier grilling time for myself, as well as a less messy experience eating the burger. That was my hope, at least, though after all is said and done, this much **** on a burger is gonna be messy regardless.

3. I cooked the bacon first on the griddle, then reserved the bacon grease to fry the burgers and donuts in. Cheddar cheese on the burgers at that point, then they were dressed with whatever the eater wanted at that point. I had one person try some Roquefort-hot sauce-mayo mix on one of the burgers and claim it was awesome. I wasn't quite that brave.

Porkchop5420
03-21-2009, 04:55 PM
Man those pictures of the burger looks awesome but eating that would be asking for a heart attack!

Oz
03-21-2009, 05:10 PM
:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL: its like a once a year kinda thing, like when u go to the orange county or LA county fair and they have all the fried stuff & the crispy creme chicken sandwhiches.

JENSEN500
03-21-2009, 05:13 PM
i know you dont eat this thing!? you wont live another year with that kinda diet,bro.!

jeff

JENSEN500
03-21-2009, 05:15 PM
despite the comment i just wrote,for some freak reason, my frickin' mouth is WATERING!

Oz
03-21-2009, 05:42 PM
despite the comment i just wrote,for some freak reason, my frickin' mouth is WATERING!

:ROFL: its a once year kinda thing like i stated to porkchop