PDA

View Full Version : Cerritos Regional

jayfish0084
03-21-2009, 12:12 AM
Hey all. Im a new member to this board. Anyways I just found the cord for my camera and wanted to post the pics of this monster carp I got at cerritos regional. It took me about 45 mins to land it. caught on 4# test. Im not sure of the length, compare it to me im 6' 6''. the guy that helped me net it had a scale 15 lbs.(this was caught about 3-4 weeks ago...sorry late post but im new)

Noobiesrule
03-21-2009, 12:18 AM
Took you 45 min to land? Damn you must have been doing something wrong, I caught a 25lber on 2# line and it only took me about 4 min to land. Still a nice catch though, grats.

a biley
03-21-2009, 12:18 AM
Hey all. Im a new member to this board. Anyways I just found the cord for my camera and wanted to post the pics of this monster carp I got at cerritos regional. It took me about 45 mins to land it. caught on 4# test. Im not sure of the length, compare it to me im 6' 6''. the guy that helped me net it had a scale 15 lbs.(this was caught about 3-4 weeks ago...sorry late post but im new)

hey you're the guy we met, I was fishing for bass with my friend there the day you caught that. you showed up the carp technique

a biley
03-21-2009, 12:21 AM
Took you 45 min to land? Damn you must have been doing something wrong, I caught a 25lber on 2# line and it only took me about 4 min to land. Still a nice catch though, grats.

not exactly true, I hooked a 2lb bass and it kicked my butt, i swear I had a DD bass. Sometimes different size fish fight bigger than they actually are

jayfish0084
03-21-2009, 12:49 AM
Yeah I remember the two of you. I cant remember your names but We bs'd for awhile. I went out 2nite w/ my bro for cats cuz it looked like they stocked it. saw a few dead one floating yesterday and saw a guy catch one on a crankbait. So thought id give it a try 2nite. only fished 2 hours. no bites. I sat out there yesterday from 11-5 fishin carp and had 2 short bites but no takers. we should meet up next wk ill do some bass fishin w. you

crystalmath79
03-21-2009, 01:12 AM
Sweet catch! What were you using for bait?

jayfish0084
03-21-2009, 01:44 AM
I was using boilies

ghetto dad
03-21-2009, 07:37 AM
Uh riteriner...new carp spot homie!!!:ROFL:
Nice fish man!!

GD

Slims
03-21-2009, 10:26 AM

no you didnt, and no it wouldnt.

PureAle
03-21-2009, 11:12 AM
thanks for sharing the report!!

PureAle

jayfish0084
03-21-2009, 11:47 AM
Ghetto Dad, hit me up when your gunna go down there Id like to meet you down there and fish with you.

DCCTrouserTrout
03-21-2009, 03:53 PM

for reals... who is this guy??? 25 pounds on 2lb test in for minutes... ha ha Try again noobie. even if there was a dead and floating carp out there and you snagged it, it would probably still take you longer than 4 minutes...

Lightning
03-21-2009, 04:23 PM
Nice fish Brother.

The Rookie
03-21-2009, 04:37 PM
Nice Fish Looks like you had bringing it in. Welcome to the boards.

The Rookie
03-21-2009, 04:39 PM
Looks like you had FUN bringing it in.

DEADROOTS
03-21-2009, 05:05 PM
I have caught all types of fish, big and small with different diameter lines and have never had a fish on my line for more than a couple of minutes. I would think within 45 minutes of fighting, your line would eventually snag somewhere and snap, especially carp on 4 pound test. Its not like that fish stripped line continuously for 45 minutes going back and forth in the same unstructured path with a loose drag. Highly unlikely! Sorry pal, people land giant tuna and marlin in that time. You don't need to lie to kick it!:ROFL:

Noobiesrule
03-22-2009, 04:11 PM
no you didnt, and no it wouldnt.

lmfao ok believe wat you want, I don't need to prove myself to people I don't know online to make myself feel better.

Noobiesrule
03-22-2009, 04:11 PM
I have caught all types of fish, big and small with different diameter lines and have never had a fish on my line for more than a couple of minutes. I would think within 45 minutes of fighting, your line would eventually snag somewhere and snap, especially carp on 4 pound test. Its not like that fish stripped line continuously for 45 minutes going back and forth in the same unstructured path with a loose drag. Highly unlikely! Sorry pal, people land giant tuna and marlin in that time. You don't need to lie to kick it!:ROFL:

Agreed, a lot can happen to your line in that amount of time.

LIZARDKING1
03-22-2009, 05:31 PM
After 15 minutes I would have started chasing it with the boat and had the gaff ready.I would have been on the horn with I.F.G.A. to signal a RED ALERT,possible world record on the hook.I would next call my spouse/girlfriend and warn them that I might be on this fish for many more hours so don't wait up!Somebody throw a bucket of water on my spool its getting hot!Don't ask me to hand it off,I'll die with this fish!MAYDAY,MAYDAY!!!!!

LIZARDKING1
03-22-2009, 05:38 PM
Dont take us too serious Noobie.This site is cool.Just ask LiL Mistery.Congrats on your catch
anyways,regardless of how long it took.Sometime throwing in certain numbers will open you up for all kinds of feedback.Stay with it newby.

DEADROOTS
03-22-2009, 05:44 PM
Dont take us too serious Noobie.This site is cool.Just ask LiL Mistery

Thats funny!:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

lilmystery246
03-26-2009, 09:39 PM
Dont take us too serious Noobie.This site is cool.Just ask LiL Mistery.Congrats on your catch
anyways,regardless of how long it took.Sometime throwing in certain numbers will open you up for all kinds of feedback.Stay with it newby.

haha. this site is alrite but it has its bad times.