PDA

View Full Version : surf fishing help

joebass
03-20-2009, 05:10 PM
i will be trying surf fishing on shore for the first time in the so ca area of new port beach area? and was hoping for some tips on tackle use and rigging for halibut,perch etc. to start out with i have gulp camo worms and 3'' pogy sardines for bait.can i get some tips? thanx alot.i want to fish monday if its nice out:LOL:)

jayfish0084
03-21-2009, 12:38 AM
4 pound line, carolina rig with a 2-3ft leader and a 1/2oz egg sinker. Just cast out and reel in slow. You want to fish the incoming tide. So check the tide charts to determine what time you should be going out. PM me and ill give you some more info.

joebass
03-21-2009, 08:36 AM
4 pound line, carolina rig with a 2-3ft leader and a 1/2oz egg sinker. Just cast out and reel in slow. You want to fish the incoming tide. So check the tide charts to determine what time you should be going out. PM me and ill give you some more info.

sent you a pm

joebass
03-21-2009, 06:51 PM
4 pound line, carolina rig with a 2-3ft leader and a 1/2oz egg sinker. Just cast out and reel in slow. You want to fish the incoming tide. So check the tide charts to determine what time you should be going out. PM me and ill give you some more info.where do u fish and what rigs do u use?