PDA

View Full Version : silverwood lake???

sgtskunk
03-20-2009, 02:48 PM
whats been going on there? trout hittin? stripers? any info would help I think I might take a ride up there Sat.

LateFisher
03-20-2009, 02:55 PM
A friend of mine said he fished Silverwood earlier this week and the bass are starting to show good signs. He caught a few both days he went. I must warn you, he knows this lake very well and as most will tell you Silverwood can be tough. Hope this helps !!!!!! John

Astrolux
03-20-2009, 04:54 PM
It is indeed a very tough lake to fish. Bites have been pretty slow lately. There hasnt been a whole lot of warm weather up there, and the water is still pretty cold.

seal
03-20-2009, 06:15 PM
I've been doing real well the last 3 weeks with fly's (Black Wooly Buggers) from a tube in many different locations on trout, both holdovers and planters. The bait bite seems to be a little slow though from what I've seen. The water is still a little cold for the bass bites, Silverwood is always behind the lower elevation lakes. Although I have picked up the occasional LMB on flies. Still slow for me on the lure bite for stripers. This weekend heavy winds forcasted, BEWARE!!!

I fish Silverwood several times a week, love that lake.

Looking forward to the topwater season!