PDA

View Full Version : Laguna Lake today

The Rookie
03-20-2009, 12:00 PM
I will be heading to Laguna Lake today at about 2pm to fish for some stockers and cats. I bought a pikemackrel at the store for 39 cents it looks nasty hope the kittys like it. If you see me say hi,I wear an old Angels visor and usually have an empty stringer!

The Rookie
03-20-2009, 04:15 PM
Ok so I went to Laguna at 2pm left about 4pm. I saw 11 other people fishing near the concrete steps, zero at the other end. I used 2 poles (yea I know the rule) 1 with power bait, 2lb leader, tiny splitshots= SKUNK. the other sliding sinker, trebel hook with stinky pikemakrel=SKUNK I saw nobody else catch anything except the birds that were guzzling small trout. The other fishermen looked like statues on the green benches there were no bites, nada. Man that place is frustrating, this makes about 10 Skunks in a row and I always go shortly after they stock trout. Is there a better time of day? early am or late pm?:Crying:

vanillagurilla
03-21-2009, 11:14 AM
early am and use white trout magnets or white power worms.

lilmystery246
03-21-2009, 08:06 PM
Ok so I went to Laguna at 2pm left about 4pm. I saw 11 other people fishing near the concrete steps, zero at the other end. I used 2 poles (yea I know the rule) 1 with power bait, 2lb leader, tiny splitshots= SKUNK. the other sliding sinker, trebel hook with stinky pikemakrel=SKUNK I saw nobody else catch anything except the birds that were guzzling small trout. The other fishermen looked like statues on the green benches there were no bites, nada. Man that place is frustrating, this makes about 10 Skunks in a row and I always go shortly after they stock trout. Is there a better time of day? early am or late pm?:Crying:

hit me up daug

smokinflies
03-21-2009, 10:02 PM

10 skunks in a row. sounds like you need to change lakes.

Fishingmonkee
03-22-2009, 12:02 PM
the next time they stock Laguna, go everyday early in the AM and watch for the truck to stock the lake. Then once it does, im pretty sure u will catch soomething. GL

Eat Sleep Fish
03-22-2009, 12:17 PM
the next time they stock Laguna, go everyday early in the AM and watch for the truck to stock the lake. Then once it does, im pretty sure u will catch soomething. GL

....sucks that pretty much all the local lakes/ponds are this way...dam poachers and comrants!! :mad:

Mister Twister
03-22-2009, 02:35 PM
....sucks that pretty much all the local lakes/ponds are this way...dam poachers and comrants!! :mad:I went thursday,tried lip rip,every spinner in the box,rolled the pb in worm and bounced in,this allways works for me,it was fished out,stocked tues,went to LaMir to,locals didn't have a bite,before the bird I would take my son to La Mir and get limit most of the time.The birds were not fishing,drying out wings because they ate all the fish.I would go late at night with pellet gun,but don't want to end up in the shoe.

Fishingmonkee
03-22-2009, 03:46 PM
....sucks that pretty much all the local lakes/ponds are this way...dam poachers and comrants!! :mad:

that's really the only way to fish those lakes/ponds now. Nothing you can do about it. as long as u're not proaching the place you're alright.