PDA

View Full Version : 3/19 bite...

ddoskocil
03-20-2009, 07:43 AM
Not bad. The fish are definitely starting to bed. Mostly in the 2-3 pound range. Got 9 to bite in the morning - all on dropshot worms -in 4-10 feet. Several threw the hook on spectacular jumps. Our 2 best were about 4 pounders, both threw the hook at the boat with last minute leaps - so no pictures of them. We saw a nice size school of 2-5 pound trout running through one of the coves, caught one on a needdlefish. Saw several LMB over 5 pounds suspended midway in about 20 feet of water - they wouldn't look at anything we through them. It should only get better - pics next time when we get those 5+ pounders to bite!

ddoskocil
03-20-2009, 09:22 AM
By the way - does anyone know how or on what to get those larger suspended bass to bite??? We threw senkos, scroungers, jerkbaits, needlefish, etc. (I did not have my swimbait rod - stupid!).

INDOANGLER2
03-20-2009, 10:15 AM
The Indo angling brothers were there yesterday, we were in the pontoon with 2 other friends. We aslo saw suspending fish and they were just not very active. I think it's one of those times that there only interested in each other and got other things on their minds.

samgann93
03-20-2009, 11:04 AM
im going april 8 and way stoked. should get the end of the spawn and the post spawn hungry bass. =P

great report. made me excited to get out there.

fishtacosmmm
03-22-2009, 06:57 PM
dude you got a PM