PDA

View Full Version : Aww man.

britheguy
03-19-2009, 09:36 PM
Well goodbye 4 years of tackle!

I left my tackle box outside my front door to dry out and to get the stink off,I forgot to take it inside and someone stole it.

My neighborhood isn't a bad one at all, thats the weird part.

Remember protect what you love.

Manny
03-19-2009, 09:39 PM
Awwww man.... that sucks! Time to hit up yard sales. I will help start up your new gear by donating a new pack of treble hooks.

skunkmaster
03-19-2009, 10:38 PM
I would be so bummin'. Sorry for your loss.

britheguy
03-19-2009, 10:59 PM
Thanks guys, and Manny don't worry about it, it's time for me to take initiative.

God I wish I could pinhead more often.

City Dad
03-20-2009, 10:38 AM
...My neighborhood isn't a bad one at all, thats the weird part.

which makes it a great place for the crack-heads and methies to shop!

Lemme know if you need any hand tied jigs or flies dude.

Socal Bassman
03-20-2009, 11:02 AM
I feel your pain man. Earlier this week, someone broke into my car and made off with my backpack full of tackle, an Outcast seat saddle bag for my float tube, and a Shimano worm binder full of plastics. The weird thing about it is all of these were in the trunk and nothing was missing from the inside of the car. Where I had a fishfinder on the passenger seat, a Fluke scopemeter on the floorboard, and waders in the back seat.

DarkShadow
03-20-2009, 11:37 AM
Wow, that blows.

Not only do you lose a bunch of gear, I know that there are sentimental attachments to some of the most simple baits in your bag. I know I can go through my bag and grab a specific crankbait and remember that my first smallmouth ever was fooled by it....or the jig that my 8 pound fish at Puddingstone inhaled...or....or....

Good luck replacing all that stuff. Time to look on Classifieds to see if members are getting rid of any specific stuff you may need. Once again, my condolences.

trashetanush
03-20-2009, 11:50 AM
Wow man that sucks. Every body is getting jacked recently. Its why i pay extra attention to everything. I dont even let my small pups go outside and play anymore unless im there. lol

tacklejunkie
03-20-2009, 12:04 PM
My stereo was stolen from my CRX in my garage a few years ago.
Nothing gets left outside, unprotected by me or my brinks system.
Anything outside, (even in a car outside) is now free game. Don't risk your goods.
I had "friends", who even several years ago, would break into cars and steal things to sell for drugs.

Sorry to hear you guys lost some gear. If you need donations, I'll see what I can do if you have any specifics!
Glad they missed your finder and Flukemeter Socal!

One of our clients just had their pitbull stolen from their house in Perris last week.

TShaffer
03-20-2009, 12:10 PM
The loss of a tackle box is one of the worst things that could happen to a fisherman. Sorry for the loss.

Sebastian323
03-20-2009, 01:29 PM
sucks. i lost my tacklebox two years ago.

rrawstron
03-20-2009, 01:47 PM
I would gladly donate some stuff your way as well

britheguy
03-20-2009, 08:12 PM
Thanks guys, What a kind group of people.

Thanks for the offers for donations, but I cannot except them.

Going to sell a black mac book to a friend, that should cover it all.

Socal, man sorry about the tackle. Good thing that they didn't get the fishfinder or the Scopemeter. I actually am pretty lucky I am now seeing, yes I did get something stolen, but my car wasn't broken into or my house wasn't either.

Again thanks guys.

Socal Bassman
03-20-2009, 11:16 PM
Thanks guys, What a kind group of people.

Thanks for the offers for donations, but I cannot except them.

Going to sell a black mac book to a friend, that should cover it all.

Socal, man sorry about the tackle. Good thing that they didn't get the fishfinder or the Scopemeter. I actually am pretty lucky I am now seeing, yes I did get something stolen, but my car wasn't broken into or my house wasn't either.

Again thanks guys.

Yep, the majority of the people here are a great bunch. Hope you don't need that mac book. Because that would suck if you had to give up something you needed in order to cover your losses. If anything, start small or start with the baits that were the most productive for you, then build up from there.

On a side note, I would like to take this time to say a big "Thank You" to my wife and Tacklewarehouse. I keep a record of my most productive lures and colors on my computer. So, on wednesday morning my wife opened the folder and took a look at that file. That afternoon she proceeded by going to tacklewarehouse.com and ordered a couple packs of my top producers, as well as, one pack for other less productive colors of Robo's. I believe there were 23 packs total. Tacklewarehouse had them at our door the following day. Gotta love those guys at TW. I know, it's not close to what I lost, but it's a start.

Darius
03-22-2009, 08:42 PM
i got some plastic if you want some, also i can let you borrow a shotgun if you want.

RamboBoy
03-22-2009, 09:01 PM
i got some plastic if you want some, also i can let you borrow a shotgun if you want.

LOL! Shotgun you are too funny

Slims
03-22-2009, 09:07 PM
It is getting bad out there. I think it has to be all the layoffs. My car was broken into in broad day light in the parking lot at home depot a month ago. They stole my sirius, and tried to steal my ipod (which was in the glove box) but they dropped it as they scrambled into their van. I didnt see what happened but some people who saw it stuck around to tell the cops what happened. I found my ipod 15 feet from my car by dumb luck as I was pacing waiting for the cops. The passenger side window they destroyed cost me more than the sirius and the ipod combined. The broken window is what pissed me off the most.

Sorry your stuff got stolen. It definately sucks when it happens to you.

old pudd fisher
03-22-2009, 09:37 PM
Thanks for the wake up and so sorry about your stuff. My jeep is in the driveway waiting for tomorrows fishing trip with all my stuff in it. Its coming in side now and the shotgun is ready. I have been riped more than once and it sucks.

smalweld
03-22-2009, 10:08 PM
Sorry to hear about the theft. Sucks that people will stoop to that low to steal someones fishing tackle. Happened to me a year ago.. only we got our stuff back. Essentially my buddy comes over and we go fishing a local golf club near me (ninja). We come back and my buddy is asking me where our tackle boxes are . We just put a few lures in the vests and started hiking to where we were going. Fast forward a day or two and my buddy was down at a neighbors house. He see's my tackle box and asks the grandmother about it. She states that it's her grandsons and it's none of our business. Buddy pipes in and asks if there was a blue tacke box with such and such in it. Remember that he can't see what is inside of it or anything and proceeds to tell the Grandmother that our tackeboxes were missing the other night. She tells my buddy that it's HER grandsons. Buddy pipes in and tells her exactly what is in there and he will call the cops if she doesnt check in it. She reluctantly looks in there and we got our tackle boxes back. I told her that if ANYTHING is missing from either my house, garage or cars parked around me I will not hesitate to call the cops on this kid. I will let it slide this one time but if it happens again, I am calling the cops... Kid has either been straight or just not stopping at my house anymore . I really hope he got the message. Whatever happened to public flogging????? Ok how bout public stoning of thieves!!!!!!!!!

Sean

old pudd fisher
03-22-2009, 10:15 PM
Nice!! One I love it.

britheguy
03-23-2009, 01:38 AM
Yeah, Like I said, I am actually lucky.

I learned a lesson, and my car didn't get smashed.

Addicted 2Fishin
03-24-2009, 06:28 PM
Sorry man that really blows. Good luck with your new, future collection.

Billy Bass
03-24-2009, 08:06 PM
What really sucks is that one time I had a saltwater tackle box taken out of my car (this included spare spools for my squider), and that who ever stole it did it for crack money and probably only got ten bucks for the whole shebang!