PDA

View Full Version : Park lake off Del amo bloomfield

fisherman9
03-19-2009, 04:51 PM
Not sure what its called, but decided to check it out. Water visibility is very very poor. Was throwing a jig for awhile until i lost it to i'm assuming one of the pipes. Then tried fishing with a wacky rigged senko for nada. Saw one guy catch a very small LMB, saw a few dead catfish, hundreds of birds, and bird sh** everywhere.

Talked to a few regulars that fish there everyday, theres a few pigs in there, 4-5 8 lbers, he had pics to prove it too lol. But unfortunately their are lots of poachers.

Anyone fish here before? Seems like a decent lake to throw some cheap swimbaits, spinners, or shalow cranks as long as you know where the pipes are. Not sure if i'm going back though.

a biley
03-19-2009, 05:54 PM
that regional, I fish there at least 2 times a week. There are lunkers there. Have yet to land one, but I hooked on a solid 5 lb couple weeks ago and it spit out my hook. I know the regulars there, serious bass anglers... cool people. If you see people catching bass, make sure they release it. I actually haven't been there in 2 weeks... I'll be there sometime next week. Who did you talk to there?

fisherman9
03-19-2009, 06:12 PM
I talked to a shorter, little bit pudgy asian guy, he was pretty cool, filled me in on the lake, popular spots etc. He said he was gonna try and get a petition to put up a sign saying catch and release only.

lurk 182
03-19-2009, 06:19 PM
go mess with el dorado park off spring street if you're in the LBC

fisherman9
03-19-2009, 07:10 PM
that is where i usually go, just wanted to try something different. For a park lake, eldo is pretty good.

a biley
03-19-2009, 07:14 PM
I talked to a shorter, little bit pudgy asian guy, he was pretty cool, filled me in on the lake, popular spots etc. He said he was gonna try and get a petition to put up a sign saying catch and release only.

not familiar with him... if he was mexican, then I'd know who you're talking about... guy who carries shimano backpack

Bradakas
03-20-2009, 11:02 AM
I was there Wednesday on my motorcycle (with my 2 piece rod in a back pack of course) scoping out how the fishing was after the recent trout plant.

Action was dead.

Checked out downey too, the water had more slime and froth than usual; so that was a no go.

Finally, ended up at eldorado and got smacked in the face with a rod tip by a highschool kid . I WAS LIVID :mad: I warned him in the past about his unsafe fishing etiquette; .2 inches higher and I'd be wearing an eye patch. I will WEAR SUNGLASSES from now on.

I left shortly after when 20 more people showed up and proceded to: cast over you, snag fish with their uglysticks and 15lb test line, using oversized kastmasters.

DarkShadow
03-20-2009, 11:55 AM
And got smacked in the face with a rod tip by a highschool kid . I WAS LIVID :mad: I warned him in the past about his unsafe fishing etiquette; .2 inches higher and I'd be wearing an eye patch. I will WEAR SUNGLASSES from now on.

I left shortly after when 20 more people showed up and proceded to: cast over you, snag fish with their uglysticks and 15lb test line, using oversized kastmasters.

Sounds like the City Park experience to me!

Bradakas
03-20-2009, 12:01 PM
Sounds like the City Park experience to me!

LOL you bet. Can't wait to try out the saturday 1/2 day AM boat experience this year too!! NOT...:ROFL:

fisherman9
03-20-2009, 04:51 PM
I was there Wednesday on my motorcycle (with my 2 piece rod in a back pack of course) scoping out how the fishing was after the recent trout plant.

Action was dead.

Checked out downey too, the water had more slime and froth than usual; so that was a no go.

Finally, ended up at eldorado and got smacked in the face with a rod tip by a highschool kid . I WAS LIVID :mad: I warned him in the past about his unsafe fishing etiquette; .2 inches higher and I'd be wearing an eye patch. I will WEAR SUNGLASSES from now on.

Why weren't you using sunglasses fishing, in the first place?
Not sure which lake or time you were fishing at eldo.. but i've never had lines crossed or had people try to steal spots and i fish there at least twice a week. Most are regulars or people that know how to fish.. once in awhile some young huligans but other then that pretty nice people out there.

Bradakas
03-21-2009, 09:32 AM
Why weren't you using sunglasses fishing, in the first place?
Not sure which lake or time you were fishing at eldo.. but i've never had lines crossed or had people try to steal spots and i fish there at least twice a week. Most are regulars or people that know how to fish.. once in awhile some young huligans but other then that pretty nice people out there.

Yup exactly, bad judgement call in the first place not to wear them.

The regulars who fish the big lake are fine. However, some of the people who come out just for the trout stocking are less desirable. Just look for huge group of people near the south shore next time.

fisherman9
03-21-2009, 01:02 PM
Yup exactly, bad judgement call in the first place not to wear them.

The regulars who fish the big lake are fine. However, some of the people who come out just for the trout stocking are less desirable. Just look for huge group of people near the south shore next time.

I was there yesterday, nobody was even fishing for trout. A few people with swimbaits because of the school of trout swimming frantically close to shore. Other then that it was regulars, it probaly looks crowded lately because of all the beds. And im surprised the trout are still alive, hope they live until monday.