PDA

View Full Version : Bass Fishing wide open at the Vine

VineAssist
03-19-2009, 04:02 PM
Took advantage of a day off and headed up to see how the budding bass bite was doing. Got on the water around 8ish. Ran to my first spot back in the flats and started throwing a Smashminnow 110 in the Perch color. Didnt get any bites right away but the signs where all there. Tons of of life in the water, Greebs everywhere etc.. Get about half way down and get my first fish of the day on the Smashminnow. I go through about four fish before I pick up the jig rod and start to try for a little bit better grade of fish.
I get two fish on a jig not much bigger than two pounds in ten foot of water on a secondary point in the flats. Finally Cole calls to be picked up and this is when the action does as well.

Pull up on the spot and each of us casts out with dropshotted Roboworms and Berkley Finnese Worms. I am fishing my new dropshot/light senko/ shakey head combo of a Team Diawa Fuego 1500 and a Powell rod. The worm hits bottom and I start to shake when I feel that fimiliar tick tick. Set the hook and look over and Cole is on as well. The action was pretty steady after that.

We pretty much caught all our fish on points and in the flooded vegetation. We got them on 3/8oz jigs with a Berkley Chiggar Craw trailer, rip baits (Smashminnow 110), dropshotted Roboworms and Berkley Hand Poured finese worms.
Water temp- 68 to 73 degrees
visablility- 5 to 9 feet (no sight fish to speak off, I looked for a while and did not see any!!)

get out on the water guys. Today was a truly great day to be on the water. Fishing was very good. Everyone was getting along. And the lake was abuzz with the new lake record Trout landed by Greg Stoesberry. I heard about it before the thing was weighed in.. Check out Vinelines thread.
Jimmy

VineAssist
03-20-2009, 06:46 PM
should read 58 to 63 degrees. I goofed while typing. Do not type in the dark late at night.

AnglerBob
03-20-2009, 07:27 PM
Was that you out there yesterday by the island around 1 pm spankin' those fish? Duuuuuude! You were kickin' serious bass booty! Sorry if I drifted into your area (I was in a rental), was trying to give you space but the wind shifted a bit.

VineAssist
03-20-2009, 07:57 PM
If it was a brown ranger with two idiots on it then yeah it was me...No worries if you thought you where encroaching on me. I am pretty mellow if people ask to fish near me... I fished outta rentals for years until I got my boat so I know the fustration of the wind thing.
It was pretty good out there it was just finding the sweet spots that was hard.

mobilereef
03-21-2009, 08:57 AM
Thanks for the report jimmy!